- The Dead South
- Acoustic/ Folk
The Dead South are a Canadian acoustic band from Saskatchewan. The band features Nate Hilts on guitar/ vocals, Scott Pringle - mandolin/ guitar/ vocals, Danny Kenyon - cello, Eliza Mary Doyle - banjo and Erik Mehlson - cello.
"The Dead South have been described as outlaws, modern hillbillies and Mumford and Sons' evil twins, but the best way to describe the Regina-based band is fearless. They're a rare musical commodity - a band that's equally compelling on record as they are on stage.
While The Dead South's signature blend of bluegrass and classic folk is familiar, it's also eminently fresh; fuelled by the kind of energy and ethic you'd associate with a punk band."
They released their debut album, "Good Company" in 2014, plus 2016's: "Illusion and Doubt".
Events for The Dead South
- Fri 26th Jun 2020 The Dead South 1865 (Southampton) Buy Tickets
- Sun 20th Jun 2021 Black Deer Festival, Wilco, Saving Grace, The Dead South, Imelda May, Jade Bird, Lukas Nelson, Courtney Marie Andrews, Sam Duckworth, Shovels and Rope, The Felice Brothers, The Secret Sisters, Birds of Chicago, Wildwood Kin, Jack Broadbent, Wade Bowen, Madison Violet, William Prince, The Milk Carton Kids Eridge Park (Tunbridge Wells) Buy Tickets
- Tue 22nd Jun 2021 The Dead South The Cambridge Junction (Cambridge) Buy Tickets
- Wed 23rd Jun 2021 The Dead South The Empire (Coventry) Buy Tickets
- Thu 24th Jun 2021 The Dead South Tramshed (Cardiff) Buy Tickets