- The Leeds Whisky Festival 2012
"A celebration of all things whisky, the water of life.
With something for everyone from the non-whisky drinker or whiskyphobe to the real whisky nut, including:
- demonstrations on how to make whisky-inspired cocktails and mad men, old fashions, with other dark sprits with cocktail schools to learn how to do it for yourself
- a speakeasy area to lounge and relax with 8-10 extra special whiskies to dram your time away
- cocktail making competitions, see how the local experts do it.
- Live cooperage demonstrations
- blending schools make your own whisky
- pot still and distillation demonstrations
- Whisky work shops, sit down relax and have an expert talk you through the what why where of 6 specially selected drams
- Food pairing, see the impact food has on the taste of whisky, smoked fish, haggis, cheese and chocolate.
Round off your adventure in dark sprits with a half an hour of Jam and a dram blues set."