- John Cooper Clarke
Manchester-based poet, AKA "The Bard of Salford" - active since 1976, and whose poetry is sometimes set to music, initially provided by The Invisible Girls (which featured Steve Hopkins and Martin Hannett)
During the late 70s / early 80s he produced five albums (plus a compilation) that featured his most popular works, including "Kung Fu International", "Majorca", "The Day My Pad Went Mad", "Midnight Shift" and "Twat". In 2015 the box-set Anthologia was released, rounding up his early output with new unheard works.
He published a book of works in 1983, "Ten Years In An Open-Necked Shirt" (re-published in 2012) as well as appearing on the b'side of the Reverend & The Makers single "Heavyweight Champion Of The World" (on "Last Resort") in 2007.
Events for John Cooper Clarke
- Wed 29th May 2019 John Cooper ClarkePyramid/ Parr Hall (Warrington)Buy Tickets
- Thu 30th May 2019 John Cooper ClarkeVenue Cymru - Theatre/ Arena/ Conference Centre (Llandudno)Buy Tickets
- Sat 28th Sep 2019 John Cooper ClarkeAssembly Hall (Worthing)Buy Tickets
- Thu 21st Nov 2019 John Cooper ClarkeWinter Gardens (Margate)Buy Tickets
- Sat 23rd Nov 2019 John Cooper ClarkeWarwick Arts Centre (Coventry)Buy Tickets
- Sun 24th Nov 2019 John Cooper ClarkeAlexandra Palace (London)Buy Tickets
- Sun 1st Dec 2019 John Cooper ClarkeNew Theatre (Oxford)Buy Tickets