- The Flaming Lips
- Indie/ Rock
American space-rock/psychedelic-pop band formed in 1983.
Members include Wayne Coyne - vocals, guitar, theremin and bass, Michael Ivins - bass and keyboards, Steven Drozd - drums and vocals, Kliph Scurlock - drums and percussion and Derek Brown - guitar and keyboards.
Much of their early material such as "Hear It Is" (1986) and "In A Priest Driven Ambulance" was experimental. Their 1997 album, "Zaireeka" was a four CD set that was designed to be played simultaneously to create a unique harmonic sound.
Later work from "The Soft Bulletin" onwards became a favourite with the critics, before they crossed over to the mainstream spotlight with the still-strange "Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots" in 2002.
Events for The Flaming Lips
- Sat 24th Jun 2017 The Flaming Lips, Public Service BroadcastingZebedee's Yard (Hull)Buy Tickets
- Mon 26th Jun 2017 The Flaming LipsUniversity of East Anglia [UEA]/ LCR (Norwich)Buy Tickets
- Tue 27th Jun 2017 The Flaming LipsBrighton Dome/ Concert Hall (Brighton)Buy Tickets
- Sat 12th Aug 2017 The Flaming Lips, Public Service BroadcastingThe Rainbow Arena (Birmingham)Buy Tickets
- Sun 13th Aug 2017 The Flaming LipsColston Hall/ Lantern (Bristol)Buy Tickets
- Tue 15th Aug 2017 The Flaming LipsBarrowland Ballroom (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Wed 16th Aug 2017 The Flaming LipsRock City (Nottingham)Buy Tickets