- The Flaming Lips
- Indie/ Rock
American space-rock/psychedelic-pop band formed in 1983.
Members include Wayne Coyne - vocals, guitar, theremin and bass, Michael Ivins - bass and keyboards, Steven Drozd - drums and vocals, Kliph Scurlock - drums and percussion and Derek Brown - guitar and keyboards.
Much of their early material such as "Hear It Is" (1986) and "In A Priest Driven Ambulance" was experimental. Their 1997 album, "Zaireeka" was a four CD set that was designed to be played simultaneously to create a unique harmonic sound.
Later work from "The Soft Bulletin" onwards became a favourite with the critics, before they crossed over to the mainstream spotlight with the still-strange "Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots" in 2002. Other albums include: "At War with the Mystics" (2006), "Embryonic" (2009), "The Terror" (2013) and 2017's: "Oczy Mlody".
Photo: George Salisbury
Events for The Flaming Lips
- Thu 27th May 2021 to Sun 30th May 2021 Bearded Theory's Gathering, The Flaming Lips, Primal Scream, Patti Smith, The Dualers, Ferocious Dog, Neville Staple, Gaz Brookfield, Ed Tudor Pole, She Drew the Gun, October Drift, JOHN, Imperial Wax, 3 Daft Monkeys Catton Hall Park (Derbyshire) Buy Tickets
- Sat 17th Jul 2021 The Flaming Lips Festival Big Top (Galway) Buy Tickets
- Mon 19th Jul 2021 The Flaming Lips The Invisible Wind Factory (Liverpool) Buy Tickets
- Tue 20th Jul 2021 The Flaming Lips Leeds University Union [Stylus/ Pulse/ Mine] (Leeds) Buy Tickets
- Wed 21st Jul 2021 The Flaming Lips Aylesbury Waterside Theatre (Aylesbury) Buy Tickets
- Fri 23rd Jul 2021 The Flaming Lips O2 Forum (Kentish Town) Buy Tickets
- Sun 25th Jul 2021 The Flaming Lips De La Warr Pavilion (Sussex) Buy Tickets