I Need Something - Newton Faulkner Single Review
A soaring surf/indie/folk vocal lob bears out the deep and searching soul that encompasses the earthy, endearing nature of Paolo Nutini with the escapism touch of Matt Costa. Welcome to Newton Faulkners world!
Ambient finger clicking and a bluesy acoustic element, draws out the down to earth touch that Faulkner used to good effect in his seventeen track coaster of a debut album, Hand Built By Robots. It is of no surprise that this heartache of a single has been plucked to embolden his profile, as he prepares to complete a sold-out tour of 3,500-ish capacity venues across the country.
Reflection and a tingling nature go hand in hand and then go off in their own direction. It is hard to keep your head above water in the ever growing see of mood-building acoustic driven acts, but Faulkner currently has managed to avoid getting anything above his waist wet.
- Mon 12th Feb 2018 Newton FaulknerO2 Academy (Oxford)Buy Tickets
- Tue 13th Feb 2018 Newton FaulknerEpic Centre (Norwich)Buy Tickets
- Wed 14th Feb 2018 Newton FaulknerThe Cambridge Junction (Cambridge)Buy Tickets
You may also be interested in
- Tue 30th Jan 2018 to Wed 6th Jun 2018 Martin CarthyBuy Tickets
- Wed 7th Feb 2018 to Fri 5th Oct 2018 Martin SimpsonBuy Tickets
- Mon 12th Feb 2018 to Thu 15th Feb 2018 Tony McManusBuy Tickets
- Sat 17th Feb 2018 to Fri 9th Mar 2018 Mike DawesBuy Tickets
- Wed 7th Mar 2018 The Guitar Masterclass Series: Jon GommDingwalls - Lock 17 (Camden)Buy Tickets
- Fri 16th Mar 2018 and Sat 18th Aug 2018 Gordon GiltrapBuy Tickets
- Wed 28th Mar 2018 to Wed 11th Apr 2018 Geoff AchisonBuy Tickets
- Sat 28th Apr 2018 Brooks WilliamsSt Saviour's Community Hall - Retford (Nottinghamshire)Buy Tickets
- Sun 6th May 2018 Hans Theessink, Brooks WilliamsThe Crescent Community Centre (York)Buy Tickets