- The Hackney Colliery Band
- Acoustic/ Hip Hop/ Jazz
Formed in 2008 out of a desire to play music that appealed to the feet as much as to the ears, the Hackney Colliery Band is east London's unique take on the brass band. Featuring trumpets, trombones, saxes, sousaphone and marching percussion, the band are totally acoustic and yet able to blow the roof off any room.
They played the 2012 London Olympics closing ceremony with Madness (playing "It Must Be Love"). Releases include their eponymous debut album and 2013's "Common Decency".
Events for The Hackney Colliery Band
- Sat 18th May 2019 Funk and Soul Weekender, Maribou State, Gilles Peterson, Ali...Brighton Beach (Brighton)Buy Tickets
- Fri 31st May 2019 The Hackney Colliery BandRonnie Scotts (Soho)Buy Tickets
- Thu 13th Jun 2019 The Hackney Colliery BandThe Fleece (Bristol)Buy Tickets
- Fri 14th Jun 2019 The Hackney Colliery BandThe Hare and Hounds Birmingham (Kings Heath)Buy Tickets
- Sat 15th Jun 2019 The Hackney Colliery BandThe Rescue Rooms (Nottingham)Buy Tickets
- Sat 22nd Jun 2019 The Hackney Colliery BandGorilla (Manchester)Buy Tickets