- The Hackney Colliery Band
- Acoustic/ Hip Hop/ Jazz
Formed in 2008 out of a desire to play music that appealed to the feet as much as to the ears, the Hackney Colliery Band is east London's unique take on the brass band. Featuring trumpets, trombones, saxes, sousaphone and marching percussion, the band are totally acoustic and yet able to blow the roof off any room.
They played the 2012 London Olympics closing ceremony with Madness (playing "It Must Be Love"). Releases include their eponymous debut album and 2013's "Common Decency".
Events for The Hackney Colliery Band
- Sat 30th Jun 2018 The Hackney Colliery BandMK11 (Milton Keynes)Buy Tickets
- Sat 28th Jul 2018 Manchester Jazz Festival, The Hackney Colliery BandAlbert Square (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Mon 19th Nov 2018 The Hackney Colliery BandScala (Kings Cross)Buy Tickets
- Tue 20th Nov 2018 The Hackney Colliery BandScala (Kings Cross)Buy Tickets