- The Hackney Colliery Band
- Acoustic/ Hip Hop/ Jazz
Formed in 2008 out of a desire to play music that appealed to the feet as much as to the ears, the Hackney Colliery Band is east London’s unique take on the brass band. Featuring trumpets, trombones, saxes, sousaphone and marching percussion, the band are totally acoustic and yet able to blow the roof off any room.
They played the 2012 London Olympics closing ceremony with Madness (playing "It Must Be Love"). Releases include their eponymous debut album and 2013's "Common Decency".
Events for The Hackney Colliery Band
- Fri 26th May 2017 The Hackney Colliery BandKOKO (Camden)Buy Tickets
- Fri 16th Jun 2017 The Hackney Colliery BandBand on the Wall (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Sat 17th Jun 2017 The Hackney Colliery BandUnity Works (Wakefield)Buy Tickets
- Fri 4th Aug 2017 The Hackney Colliery BandThe Platform (Morecambe)Buy Tickets
- Mon 28th Aug 2017 House of Common: Madness, De La Soul, David Rodigan, The Skatalites, DJ Craig...Clapham Common (London)Buy Tickets
- Sat 4th Nov 2017 The Hackney Colliery BandThe Cambridge Junction (Cambridge)Buy Tickets