Foreigner enlist Europe and FM as support for 2014 UK tour
Classic rock best-sellers to perform several large-scale concerts in the spring, on sale now
A.O.R., or adult-orientated rock, is a term that often sends shudders down the spines of rock purists the world over. But, since a few tracks from the much-maligned genre were sampled and found their way onto various hip-hop tracks in the '90s and '00s, it's been OK to like big anthems (and big hair).
One triumphant example of such a rapping crossover was Foreigner's "Cold As Ice" which formed the backdrop for the M.O.P. hit of the same name (one of many to feature the track in the same way). Barely needing to pitch the vocals up too much, founder Lou Gramm's assertive tonsils decorated the memorable hard-rap anthem with some aplomb. Foreigner's profile hadn't been so high since their '70s and '80s heyday - or should that be hair-day?
The British-American soft-rock outfit can lay claim to shifting millions of units in the States and a fair few over here - 80 million worldwide, according to various sources. As well as "Cold As Ice", misty-eyed number one hits "Waiting For a Girl Like You" and "I Want To Know What Love Is" sound-tracked thousands of last-dances at student-discos for many years (goth and punk discos, possibly excepted) and gave a leg-up to similar acts.
Two such acts will be joining Foreigner for a huge UK tour in 2014. Europe ("The Final Countdown" - itself a rock-disco staple) and FM (new albums this year plus a sizeable catalogue) will act as support on a large-venue jaunt next spring.
Stops in April 2014 include Manchester, Newcastle, Glasgow and many more until the home of rock, Wolverhampton on the 15th. Tickets are on sale now, priced from £38.50 upwards.
It's no coincidence that next year heralds the 30th anniversary of their biggest UK album to date, "Agent Provocateur", which we're sure they'll dip into during their shows. With such a pedigree of classic rock hits and large fanbases, these shows are expected to sell through very quickly.
You want to know what love is? Allow them to show you....
- Sat 12th May 2018 ForeignerO2 Apollo (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Sun 13th May 2018 ForeignerThe Armadillo (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Tue 15th May 2018 ForeignerSymphony Hall (Birmingham)Buy Tickets
- Wed 16th May 2018 ForeignerRoyal Albert Hall (Kensington)Buy Tickets
You may also be interested in
- Fri 20th Apr 2018 FMMuni Arts Centre (Pontypridd)Buy Tickets
- Sun 22nd Apr 2018 FMThe River Rooms (Stourbridge)Buy Tickets
- Fri 18th May 2018 FM, Dare, Toby JepsonO2 Shepherds Bush Empire (Shepherds Bush)Buy Tickets
- Sat 19th May 2018 FM, DareWaterfront (Norwich)Buy Tickets
- Fri 25th May 2018 FM, DareThe Garage/ G2/ Attic (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Sat 26th May 2018 FM, DareO2 Academy Newcastle (Newcastle-upon-Tyne)Buy Tickets
- Sat 9th Jun 2018 FM, DareO2 Ritz (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Tue 11th Sep 2018 EuropeUlster Hall (Belfast)Buy Tickets
- Wed 12th Sep 2018 Europe, King KingOlympia Theatre (Dublin)Buy Tickets
- Fri 14th Sep 2018 Europe, King King: Tour The EarthManchester Academy (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Sat 15th Sep 2018 Europe, King King: Tour The EarthBarrowland Ballroom (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Mon 17th Sep 2018 Europe, King King: Tour The EarthO2 Academy Newcastle (Newcastle-upon-Tyne)Buy Tickets
- Tue 18th Sep 2018 Europe, King King: Tour The EarthRock City (Nottingham)Buy Tickets
- Wed 19th Sep 2018 Europe, King King: Tour The EarthO2 Institute (Birmingham)Buy Tickets
- Fri 21st Sep 2018 Europe, King King: Tour The EarthSt David's Hall (Cardiff)Buy Tickets
- Sat 22nd Sep 2018 Europe, King King: Tour The EarthPyramids Centre (Portsmouth)Buy Tickets
- Sun 23rd Sep 2018 Europe, King King: Tour The EarthRoyal Albert Hall (Kensington)Buy Tickets
- Mon 24th Sep 2018 Europe, King King: Tour The EarthBrighton Dome/ Concert Hall (Brighton)Buy Tickets