BluesFest 2013 announces Robert Plant, Bobby Womack, Van Morrison, Chris Rea and more for line-up
It looks as though the Royal Albert Hall will be singing the blues later on this year - this year's BluesFest has been confirmed with a line-up that is sure to utilize the venue's superb acoustics perfectly.
Taking place from 29th October to 1st November, the four-day festival will once again round-up some of the biggest names in blues, soul and roots music, ranging from international stars of the '60s and '70s to promising upcoming performers who will relish the chance to perform at such an iconic venue. There will be a daytime and an evening schedule with plenty of top-notch music for all ages.
The bigger evening headliners (two shows per day) will all require a separate ticket and include some massive names.
The opening night on Tuesday 29th October features The Tedeschi Trucks Band with special guest Mavis Staples combining for an early-evening roots and gospel-inspired concert (from £30) and a late (22:30) show from soul-legend Bobby Womack (£40).
Other early and late evening highlights include Van Morrison and Gregory Porter on Wednesday, Chris Rea and Robert Plant with his Sensational Space Shifters on Thursday and an All Star Tribute to Bobby Bland confirmed for the early evening slot on Friday.
Key names for 'Daytime' shows so far include Ray Gelato and the Giants, The James Hunter Six, Marcus Bonfanti, World Party, Georgie Fame, Nell Bryden, Cerys Matthews, Huey and the New Yorkers and many more, all accessible for just £10 per day (kids go free) by way of purchasing a Daytime Stroller. Many of these acts will be performing in various different locations on site throughout the afternoon.
Tickets for all shows and Stroller options are on sale now, at various prices.
More names will be announced in due course - we'll let you know as soon as they are!
- Thu 25th Oct 2018 BluesFest, John Fogerty, Steve Miller BandThe O2 Arena (Greenwich)Buy Tickets
- Fri 26th Oct 2018 BluesFest, Robert Plant and the Sensational Space Shifters, ...The O2 Arena (Greenwich)Buy Tickets
- Sat 27th Oct 2018 BluesFest, Robert Cray Band, Don Bryant, The Bo-KeysIndigo at the O2 (Greenwich)Buy Tickets
- Sat 27th Oct 2018 BluesFest, Zac Brown Band, Beth HartThe O2 Arena (Greenwich)Buy Tickets
- Sun 28th Oct 2018 BluesFest, Counting Crows, Alison Krauss, The White BuffaloThe O2 Arena (Greenwich)Buy Tickets
You may also be interested in
- Mon 22nd Oct 2018 Van MorrisonHippodrome (Bristol)Buy Tickets
- Thu 25th Oct 2018 Robert Plant and the Sensational Space Shifters, Robert Plan...Wales Millennium Centre/ Donald Gordon Theatre/ Weston Studi... (Cardiff)Buy Tickets
- Sun 28th Oct 2018 BluesFest: Robert Plant, Van Morrison3arena (Dublin)Buy Tickets
- Sat 3rd Nov 2018 Huey MorganThe Hare & Hounds 1/2 (Kings Heath)Buy Tickets
- Sat 17th Nov 2018 The James Hunter SixUnder the Bridge (Fulham)Buy Tickets
- Mon 26th Nov 2018 to Wed 16th Jan 2019 Marcus BonfantiGreen Note (Camden)Buy Tickets
- Fri 7th Dec 2018 Georgie FameFairkytes Arts Centre (Romford)Buy Tickets
- Sat 8th Dec 2018 Huey MorganJubilee Queen - Padstow (Cornwall)Buy Tickets
- Thu 13th Dec 2018 The Pretty Things, David Gilmour, Van Morrison: Final BowIndigo at the O2 (Greenwich)Buy Tickets
- Sat 15th Dec 2018 Huey MorganO2 Academy Oxford (Oxford)Buy Tickets
- Sat 22nd Dec 2018 Huey MorganMK11 (Milton Keynes)Buy Tickets
- Mon 14th Jan 2019 London Blues Week, Marcus Bonfanti, Chantel McGregor100 Club (Westminster)Buy Tickets
- Fri 26th Apr 2019 and Sat 27th Apr 2019 The Tedeschi Trucks BandLondon Palladium (Westminster)Buy Tickets