Eels slither back to UK for 2013 post-festival tour
Mark Everett primes his Wonderful, Glorious band with handful of dates, tickets on sale now
Earlier this year, Eels returned to the fray with their first album in three years, the warmly-received "Wonderful, Glorious" which earned them their NINTH Top 20 success in twenty years and their biggest hit since 2005's "Blinking Lights....". Although the band have toured the new album earlier this year - there's an Oxford show straight after their V Festival slots in August, by the way (still available) - it seems demand has outstripped demand. Until now.
Mark Everett's charges will therefore follow up their festival schedule (which also includes End of the Road and Electric Picnic) with another handful of shows in September, starting with Newcastle on the 4th, then Liverpool on the 5th, Leicester on the 6th and Shepherd's Bush on the 7th.
The whistlestop tour is on sale now, priced from £23.50 to £30.
Eels are one of many US bands who have conquered the UK way ahead of being installed in chart-rundowns in their homeland. Key album "Beautiful Freak" featured the hits "Novocaine For The Soul" and "Susan's House", both Top 10 hits here yet criminally barely able to scrape any dimes back home.
"Mr E's Beautiful Blues" from the band's biggest album to date, "Daisies of the Galaxy", carried their appeal into the 21st century and things have continued at a steady pace up to the present day.
- Mon 2nd Jul 2018 EelsO2 Academy Brixton (Brixton)Buy Tickets
- Tue 3rd Jul 2018 EelsManchester Academy (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Wed 4th Jul 2018 EelsO2 Academy Glasgow (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Fri 6th Jul 2018 EelsIveagh Gardens (Dublin)Buy Tickets
- Sat 14th Jul 2018 NOS Alive, Pearl Jam, Jack White, Arctic Monkeys, Queens of ...Passeio Marítimo de Algés (Lisbon)Buy Tickets
You may also be interested in
- Thu 30th Aug 2018 and Sun 2nd Sep 2018 Electric PicnicStradbally Hall (Laois)Buy Tickets