MGMT announce new album and autumn 2013 UK tour
The American band's self-titled third studio-album to appear prior to concerts, tickets on sale now
Living up to the promise of a best-selling debut-album isn't easy, especially if one particular song transforms a career from no-no, to go-go overnight. MGMT's signature song of sorts is still "Time to Pretend", a sub-druggy gambol through hazy summery psychedelia that has soundtracked many an episode of Homes Under the Hammer, Bargain Hunt and (if you believe Wikipedia) even a Polish TV advert for chocolates (MGMT - you're really spoiling us...)
So, after the acclaim levelled at "Oracular Spectacular", things might have been tough for the follow-up "Congratulations" - not so. The sophomore release clambered into the Top 10 in no less than nine countries, ensuring that messrs Van Wyngarden and Goldwasser have had plenty more in the tank. Although the hit-singles dried up, the album sold well and earned them a few sold-out shows on their last tour, back in 2010.
But 2013 is another year and that means another new album. Currently due to be called simply "MGMT", this third studio set will appear just prior to the comeback UK and Ireland tour confirmed for October. Stops include Glasgow on 12th October, followed by a handful in Wolverhampton, Manchester, Kentish Town and Dublin on the 19th.
Tickets are on sale now, priced from £20 to £22.50. Expect brisk sales.
You may be interested in
- Thu 11th Feb 2016 and Fri 12th Feb 2016 NME Awards Tour, Bloc Party, Drenge, Rat Boy, Bugzy MaloneBuy Tickets
- Sun 14th Feb 2016 BBC Radio 6 Music Festival, Buzzcocks, Bloc Party, Hooton Te...O2 Academy (Bristol)More Info..
- Sat 26th Mar 2016 to Sat 16th Jul 2016 The Last Shadow PuppetsBuy Tickets
- Sat 30th Apr 2016 and Sat 14th May 2016 Stone FoundationBuy Tickets
- Sun 28th Aug 2016 South West Four, Chemical Brothers, Booka Shade, Sven Vä...Clapham Common (London)Buy Tickets