Passenger jumps aboard for autumn 2013 UK tour
Posted: 13th June 2013
Let Her Go songwriter Mike Rosenberg confirms a pile of shows for October, tickets are on sale now
From around a decade ago, the Brighton and Hove band Passenger quietly performed loads of shows, locally and nationally, before finally getting an album, "Wicked Man's Rest", issued in 2007. They nearly got a hit out of it - the single "Walk You Home" managed to stall at #134 and then, boom, within a couple of years, the band's members had disbanded.
Passenger the group became Passenger the solo performer in 2009 when songwriter Mike Rosenberg opted to keep the alter-ego for himself and issue the first of a handful of albums, including the debut "Wide Eyes Blind Love". Within four years, Rosenberg now finds himself remarking on Twitter that his huge hit "Let Her Go" has sound-tracked snippets of Hollyoaks and, er, TOWIE. That's when you've really made it.
His Sheeran-esque and Tom McRae-like delivery seems to have struck a chord with just about everyone who likes simple strumalongs, to the point where most have gone on to check out his 2012 album "All The Little Lights", from where "Let Her Go" was originally lifted. It's currently sitting either side of Rod Stewart and Rudimental on the albums chart - nice going, Mike.
Later this year, after performing at Hard Rock Calling on Springsteen Sunday (30th June - there are some tickets available), Passenger will nip over to Cork for a show at the Marquee, before returning to Ireland and the UK for a proper autumnal jaunt.
Stops on his tour include Bristol on 4th October, then Dublin (twice), Belfast (in between the two Dublin shows), Nottingham and many more until ending up in Shepherd's Bush on 18th October.
Tickets are on sale now, priced from £13 upwards.
- Sat 13th Feb 2021 Passenger Ulster Hall (Belfast) Buy Tickets
- Sun 14th Feb 2021 Passenger Vicar Street (Dublin) Buy Tickets
- Tue 16th Feb 2021 Passenger Barrowland Ballroom (Glasgow) Buy Tickets
- Thu 18th Feb 2021 Passenger Usher Hall (Edinburgh) Buy Tickets
- Fri 19th Feb 2021 Passenger O2 Apollo (Manchester) Buy Tickets
- Sat 20th Feb 2021 Passenger Rock City (Nottingham) Buy Tickets
- Mon 22nd Feb 2021 Passenger Brighton Dome/ Concert Hall (Brighton) Buy Tickets
- Tue 23rd Feb 2021 Passenger O2 Academy Brixton (Brixton) Buy Tickets
- Thu 25th Feb 2021 Passenger O2 Academy (Bristol) Buy Tickets