Toyah announces Love Is The Law 2013 UK anniversary tour
The pop princess will celebrate 30th anniversary of hit album with autumn shows, tickets on sale now
As famous for her flamboyant dress-sense and head-gear as for her memorable fist-pumping semi-rock '80s anthems, Toyah Willcox's flame burns just as brightly as it did thirty-odd years ago.
A staple of Smash Hits and a regular on Top of the Pops, days in the early part of the eighties just didn't seem right without a blast of "It's a Mystery", "I Wanna Be Free" or "Thunder in the Mountains" trickling out of the Dansette speaker, courtesy of the sensational sound of Radio 1.
Toyah enjoyed half a decade's worth of successes, beginning with the indie chart smash "Sheep Farming in Barnet", her first punt at crossover "The Blue Meaning" and her two Top 10 albums "Anthem" and "The Changeling". However by 1983, new romantic pop and synths were starting to leave the rest of the music world behind and demand for Ms Willcox's work was slowly starting to wane. But not by much - album number five still sold very well and has stood the test of time.
"Love is the Law" turned out to be the last 'band' album that Toyah would make, moving on to solo recordings soon after (1985's "Minx", in fact). The album, named after an Aleister Crowley phrase, spawned two singles in particular "Rebel Run", a Top 30 contender, plus "Be Loud Be Proud (Be Heard)", issued as an extra on later CD reissues.
To celebrate the album's 30th anniversary, Toyah has announced a UK tour for the autumn. Dates include Newcastle on 18th October, followed by Manchester, Brighton etc until Islington on 9th November.
Tickets are on sale now, priced at £18 for regionals and £20 for the London show.
Toyah will also perform tracks from the Fripp-inspired "In The Court Of The Crimson Queen" and other familiar hits.
- Sat 31st Mar 2018 ToyahRoadmender (Northampton)Buy Tickets
- Thu 26th Apr 2018 Toyah229 the venue - Great Portland Street (Marylebone)Buy Tickets
- Fri 25th May 2018 ToyahFairkytes Arts Centre (Romford)Buy Tickets
- Sat 9th Jun 2018 ToyahO2 Academy Newcastle (Newcastle-upon-Tyne)Buy Tickets
- Sat 23rd Jun 2018 ToyahMorley Town Hall (Leeds)Buy Tickets
You may also be interested in
- Tue 24th Apr 2018 to Mon 30th Apr 2018 G3, Steve Vai, John Petrucci, Uli Jon RothBuy Tickets
- Thu 17th May 2018 and Fri 18th May 2018 Andy SummersBuy Tickets
- Mon 29th Oct 2018 to Mon 12th Nov 2018 An Evening with: King CrimsonBuy Tickets