Basement Jaxx head Back 2 The Wild with autumn 2013 UK tour
Brixton's party animals line-up new single, album and post-festival knees-up, tickets on sale now
After the recent return of French disco-funksters Daft Punk, it seems only fair and just that another key pairing formed in the '90s should step up to the dub-plate with the announcement of new material and live shows.
Basement Jaxx have already outlined plans for performing at festivals throughout the summer with slots at RockNess, Boardmasters, Belsonic, The Big Feastival, Kendal Calling and V Festival, coupled with an already sold-out London show at Somerset House on 21st July (as part of its Summer Series).
Now they're back, with the release of new single "Back 2 The Wild" and the imminent issue of a full album later in the year. As yet the title is to be fully confirmed, however the untitled album will be their sixth 'proper' studio set and promises to be a huge return to form after 2009's ambitious double offerings "Scars" and "Zephyr". Some of the remixes of "...Wild" suggest they're taking it back to basics - check out the summery house 'n' dub mix provided by Gorgon City - it's a beauty.
Those all-important Jaxx tour-dates begin with Leeds on 28th November, followed by Manchester, Newcastle, Birmingham and finally home soil on 6th December at Brixton's Academy.
Tickets are on sale now, priced from £25 with more dates likely to be announced in due course.
You may be interested in
- Thu 31st Jan 2019 Gorgon CityO2 Academy Newcastle (Newcastle-upon-Tyne)Buy Tickets
- Fri 1st Feb 2019 Gorgon CityAlbert Hall (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Sat 2nd Feb 2019 Gorgon CityRock City (Nottingham)Buy Tickets
- Thu 7th Feb 2019 Gorgon CityOlympia Theatre (Dublin)Buy Tickets
- Fri 8th Feb 2019 Gorgon CityThe Printworks (Southwark)Buy Tickets
- Sat 9th Feb 2019 Gorgon CityO2 Academy Bristol (Bristol)Buy Tickets