Mark Owen aims for the Stars with autumn 2013 UK tour
Take That singer returns with first solo album in eight years, tickets on sale now
Arguably the most successful UK boy-band of the past two decades, Take That's place in history was assured when amidst all the publicity and hype, they sold out their recent reunion tour in double-quick time. During their tenure, all five members of the band have certainly had their share of fans although it could be argued that Messrs Williams and Barlow have frequently commanded more attention than the other three put together.
Of the remaining three singers, Mark Owen has at least attempted to match Robbie and Gary's solo efforts, even if he hasn't always succeeded. Owen's debut-album, "Green Man" issued in 1996, certainly had its moments and reached the top 40 in several European countries, buoyed by the chart-performances of the charming singles "Child" and "Clementine". And having revered producers John Leckie and Craig Leon in tow did him no harm at all.
Despite hit-singles on the follow-up album "In Your Own Time", Owen's star continued to shine in the UK only and by the time album number three appeared in 2005, the archly-titled "How The Mighty Fall", the pitfalls of fame had caught up with the songwriter and he slipped off the radar - at least until that reunion last year.
For 2013, Mark Owen has mapped out a comeback of sorts with a new single and video, "Stars", an album to go with it, "The Art of Doing Nothing" and a proper UK tour, his first for several years. "Stars" sees a return to the anthemic formula that helped drive dozens of Take That hits to glory, minus the glitz perhaps but with a bit more grit and an appealing tune.
In fact, so keen is Owen to share his new material with you, he's confirmed that the tour should start in June! Stops include Sheffield, Bristol, Shepherd's Bush and his home-town Manchester.
Tickets are on sale now, priced from £25 + fees. Support is TBC. On the strength of the single, which you can watch and listen to right here, demand might be higher for Mark Owen than you might first think.
You may be interested in
- Mon 22nd Apr 2019 to Sat 27th Apr 2019 Take That, Rick Astley: Greatest Hits LiveManchester Arena (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Mon 29th Apr 2019 and Tue 30th Apr 2019 Take That, Rick Astley: Greatest Hits Live3arena (Dublin)Buy Tickets
- Thu 2nd May 2019 to Fri 10th May 2019 Take That, Rick AstleyThe O2 Arena (Greenwich)Buy Tickets
- Sun 12th May 2019 to Sun 19th May 2019 Take That, Rick AstleyArena Birmingham (Birmingham)Buy Tickets
- Thu 23rd May 2019 Take That, Rick Astley: Greatest Hits LiveStadium MK (Milton Keynes)Buy Tickets
- Sat 25th May 2019 and Sun 26th May 2019 Take That, Rick AstleySt Mary's - Southampton FC (Southampton)Buy Tickets
- Tue 28th May 2019 Take That, Rick Astley: Greatest Hits LiveAshton Gate (Bristol City FC) (Bristol)Buy Tickets
- Thu 30th May 2019 Take That, Rick Astley: Greatest Hits LiveCarrow Road Stadium - Norwich City FC (Norwich)Buy Tickets
- Sat 1st Jun 2019 Take That, Rick Astley: Greatest Hits LiveRiverside Stadium (Middlesbrough)Buy Tickets
- Tue 4th Jun 2019 Take That, Rick Astley: Greatest Hits LiveJohn Smiths Stadium (Huddersfield)Buy Tickets
- Thu 6th Jun 2019 Take That, Rick AstleyAnfield - Liverpool FC (Liverpool)Buy Tickets
- Sat 8th Jun 2019 Take That, Rick AstleyPrincipality (Millennium) Stadium (Cardiff)Buy Tickets
- Sun 14th Jul 2019 Barclaycard British Summer Time in Hyde Park, Robbie William...Hyde Park (Knightsbridge)Buy Tickets