The Playground Festival 2013 to bring electronic music-legends to Brixton
As previously announced, a huge electronic music festival will soon be descending on Brixton for a weekend of pioneering performers and upcoming young stars from the world of techno, house, ambient, synth-pop, dubstep, minimal, etc
Taking place over the course of two days on 7th and 8th June, The Playground Festival 2013 will take place at Brixton's O2 Academy and will star some very big important names from the past few decades of dance.
Friday 7th June will feature Leftfield with a headlining DJ set, Digitalism live, James Lavelle (UNKLE), Booka Shade, James Zabiela, a rare slot from Juan Atkins' superb Model 500 project, newbies Boddika and Deadboy, plus DJ Hell, X-Press 2 and many more.
Saturday 8th June is something even more special because Squarepusher will perform a headlining live set, with support from electro-rock pioneer Gary Numan with a full live band, plus none-other than his big influence John Foxx and the Maths also on the bill. American techno legend Derrick May, house superstar Kevin Saunderson, ambient masters The Orb (live), ace minimalist Pantha Du Prince, a rare appearance by Kraftwerk's key-member Wolfgang Flür, Nathan Fake and more.
Early-bird tickets cost £27.50 per day, rising to £35 once they've sold out.
Check out the nifty promo film to whet your appetite.
You may be interested in
- Sat 15th Dec 2018 Pantha Du PrinceYES (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Fri 21st Dec 2018 DigitalismJazz Cafe (Camden)Buy Tickets
- Tue 15th Jan 2019 In Conversation with: Gary Numan, Spoken WordThe Stoller Hall (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Wed 16th Jan 2019 In Conversation with: Gary Numan, Spoken WordQueen Elizabeth Hall (Lambeth)Buy Tickets
- Sat 30th Mar 2019 The OrbQueen Elizabeth Hall (Lambeth)Buy Tickets