Toots and the Maytals announce summer 2013 UK tour
Posted: 2nd May 2013
More shows have been added by the legendary reggae outfit, tickets on sale now
There is definitely a strong correlation between the first glimpses of sunshine and the prospect of listening to laid-back music, designed to heighten those vibes and treat those feet.
Toots and the Maytals are one such outfit associated with good times - since the '60s, front-man Toots Hibbert and his group have effortlessly switched audiences onto roots reggae, ska and even gospel-inspired soul. There's a pretty good chance you've heard any or all of the following at some point during the summer months - "Funky Kingston", "Pressure Drop", "54-46 Was My Number" and "Monkey Man", the latter covered by the late Amy Winehouse.
Hibbert's most recent recordings include the Grammy-nominated "Unplugged on Strawberry Hill", which continued with the tradition of great live documents for Toots, and yet another compilation simply entitled "Pressure Drop - the best of Toots and the Maytals", ably handled by his original label Island Records.
And it's greatest hits that you can expect when Hibbert and his glorious ensemble hit the UK in the summer, as well as one big party. A few shows went on sale earlier this month and are already selling well - good job he's added some more. The newies include Shepherd's Bush on 28th July, Leicester, Birmingham, Newcastle and Hatfield on 13th August.
Tickets on sale now, priced at around £25. You are guaranteed a great time.
- Sat 15th May 2021 Toots and the Maytals O2 Academy (Bristol) Buy Tickets
- Sat 22nd May 2021 Toots and the Maytals O2 Academy Brixton (Brixton) Buy Tickets
- Thu 27th May 2021 Toots and the Maytals O2 Ritz (Manchester) Buy Tickets
- Fri 28th May 2021 Toots and the Maytals O2 Academy Leeds (Leeds) Buy Tickets
- Sat 28th Aug 2021 Toots and the Maytals De La Warr Pavilion (Sussex) Buy Tickets