The Strypes announce summer 2013 headline shows
Irish blues-rock sensations follow-up festivals and debut-single with own tour-dates, tickets on sale now
It isn't often a band as young as this captures the imagination of such a wide audience, but teenagers The Strypes are doing just that. They've recently been strengthening Britain's grip on Japanese culture by promoting their hugely catchy new single "Blue Collar Jane" on Japan TV and knowing that country's insatiable appetite for the likes of Oasis, Blur and The Beatles, The Strypes should fit in well. They've also been on Later with Jools Holland and were a feature at Record Store Day celebrations last weekend.
So just what are four teenagers doing with a relentless r'n'b repertoire straight out of the '60s and '70s British pub-rock and blues scenes? Making a super racket, of course - think Yardbirds, the Stones, John Mayall and, of course, The Beatles, stirred in with a bit of cheeky Jake Bugg swagger and you're someway there. Close your eyes and you'd swear that their dads were blaring out this eager brand of rhythm and blues - that's a compliment and a comment on their assured delivery that belies their tender years. As debut-singles go, "Blue Collar Jane" has balls in spades.
Next up for The Strypes is a clutch of festival shows right across Europe throughout the summer. They've got Live at Leeds on Saturday, plus a support slot for The Courteeners on 5th July in Manchester. But it's headliners you'll be wanting now that the band are starting to pull in all and sundry.
The lads will be performing a handful of new summer shows in and around their festival slots, including Bristol and Islington during June, plus more in July including Stoke, Preston, Oxford and Cardiff.
Tickets on sale now, priced from around a tenner - that's a stone-cold bargain, people. See them before you can't. And check out that single by viewing the video above - it's a belter.
- Wed 21st Feb 2018 Paul Weller, The StrypesMotorpoint Arena (Cardiff)Buy Tickets
- Fri 23rd Feb 2018 Paul Weller, The StrypesFirst Direct Arena (Leeds)Buy Tickets
- Sat 24th Feb 2018 Paul Weller, The StrypesMetro Radio Arena (Newcastle-upon-Tyne)Buy Tickets
- Sun 25th Feb 2018 Paul Weller, The StrypesSSE Hydro (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Tue 27th Feb 2018 Paul Weller, The StrypesMotorpoint Arena (Nottingham)Buy Tickets
- Thu 1st Mar 2018 Paul Weller, The StrypesManchester Arena (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Fri 2nd Mar 2018 Paul Weller, The StrypesGenting/ NEC Arena (Birmingham)Buy Tickets
- Sat 3rd Mar 2018 Paul Weller, The StrypesThe O2 Arena (Greenwich)Buy Tickets