Loop and Primavera Sound to curate ATP The End of an Era 2013 festivals
Once again, Echo and the Bunnymen's prophetic "Nothing Lasts Forever" rings true once more as one of the most revered creators and curators of the UK music-festival scene, prepares to knock festival planning on the head.
All Tomorrow's Parties, named after Velvet Underground's earthy druggy drone-pop classic, have proclaimed that their two just-announced autumn weekenders will be their last. Boo. The End of an Era Parts 1 and 2 will round off twelve heady years of eclectic performances, line-ups and locations - only ATP would hire out a Pontins with the sole intent of gathering great bands and artists together and pull it off, for the most part (save for a couple of location headaches and line-up postponements).
ATP's Barry Hogan says on the official website, " ATP will continue to promote curated events in the UK, but after our imminent TV On The Radio & Deerhunter curated weekends (tickets still available), and these newly confirmed End Of An Era weekends, we will no longer be hosting them at our traditional holiday camp locations."
In true time-honoured ATP tradition, great line-ups abound at Camber Sands Holiday Park. The End of an Era Part 1 (22nd-24th November) will be curated by their Catalan colleagues at Primavera Sound 2013 and will star Television performing their radical "Marquee Moon" album, plus Thurston Moore's Chelsea Light Moving, Mike Watt, Dinosaur Jr, Oneohtrix Point Never, Les Savy Fav and many more fan and curator favourites from across the past decade-plus.
The End of an Era Part 2 (29th November - 1st December) will feature reformed noise and drone-rock legends Loop as curators and performers, plus The Pop Group, 23 Skidoo, Fennesz, Thought Forms and many more TBC.
Tickets for both festivals are available now, priced at £170-£190, depending on how quick you are to buy them!
As a reminder, All Tomorrow's Parties - I'll Be Your Mirror 2013 with Yeah Yeah Yeahs takes place in London on 4th May and with Grizzly Bear on 2nd November (new date) and two more curated events with TV on the Radio on 10th May and Deerhunter on 21st June, both at Camber Sands.
You may be interested in
- Sun 27th May 2018 Thought Forms, Part Chimp, Y NiwlThe Moon Club (Cardiff)Buy Tickets
- Thu 31st May 2018 to Sat 2nd Jun 2018 Primavera SoundParc del Forum (Barcelona)Buy Tickets
- Fri 1st Jun 2018 FenneszPatterns (Brighton)Buy Tickets
- Fri 15th Jun 2018 Lee Gamble, Demdike StareOval Space (Bethnal Green)Buy Tickets
- Sun 17th Jun 2018 Meltdown Festival, LoopPurcell Room (London)Buy Tickets
- Sat 7th Jul 2018 Oneohtrix Point NeverBarbican (City of London)Buy Tickets
- Fri 24th Aug 2018 HookwormsThe Bullingdon/ Haven (Oxford)Buy Tickets
- Mon 3rd Sep 2018 Oh Sees, BEAK>O2 Forum (Kentish Town)Buy Tickets
- Sat 13th Oct 2018 HookwormsSWX (Bristol)Buy Tickets
- Sat 10th Nov 2018 HookwormsThe Crossing [South Birmingham College] (Digbeth)Buy Tickets
- Sat 17th Nov 2018 Hookworms, Factory FloorO2 Ritz (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Sat 24th Nov 2018 HookwormsO2 Forum (Kentish Town)Buy Tickets