Loop and Primavera Sound to curate ATP The End of an Era 2013 festivals
Once again, Echo and the Bunnymen's prophetic "Nothing Lasts Forever" rings true once more as one of the most revered creators and curators of the UK music-festival scene, prepares to knock festival planning on the head.
All Tomorrow's Parties, named after Velvet Underground's earthy druggy drone-pop classic, have proclaimed that their two just-announced autumn weekenders will be their last. Boo. The End of an Era Parts 1 and 2 will round off twelve heady years of eclectic performances, line-ups and locations - only ATP would hire out a Pontins with the sole intent of gathering great bands and artists together and pull it off, for the most part (save for a couple of location headaches and line-up postponements).
ATP's Barry Hogan says on the official website, " ATP will continue to promote curated events in the UK, but after our imminent TV On The Radio & Deerhunter curated weekends (tickets still available), and these newly confirmed End Of An Era weekends, we will no longer be hosting them at our traditional holiday camp locations."
In true time-honoured ATP tradition, great line-ups abound at Camber Sands Holiday Park. The End of an Era Part 1 (22nd-24th November) will be curated by their Catalan colleagues at Primavera Sound 2013 and will star Television performing their radical "Marquee Moon" album, plus Thurston Moore's Chelsea Light Moving, Mike Watt, Dinosaur Jr, Oneohtrix Point Never, Les Savy Fav and many more fan and curator favourites from across the past decade-plus.
The End of an Era Part 2 (29th November - 1st December) will feature reformed noise and drone-rock legends Loop as curators and performers, plus The Pop Group, 23 Skidoo, Fennesz, Thought Forms and many more TBC.
Tickets for both festivals are available now, priced at £170-£190, depending on how quick you are to buy them!
As a reminder, All Tomorrow's Parties - I'll Be Your Mirror 2013 with Yeah Yeah Yeahs takes place in London on 4th May and with Grizzly Bear on 2nd November (new date) and two more curated events with TV on the Radio on 10th May and Deerhunter on 21st June, both at Camber Sands.
You may be interested in
- Fri 22nd Feb 2019 23 Skidoo100 Club (Westminster)Buy Tickets
- Sun 24th Feb 2019 Thurston Moore, Dave HaslamGorilla (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Fri 8th Mar 2019 Oneohtrix Point NeverRoundhouse (Camden)Buy Tickets
- Tue 12th Mar 2019 FenneszJazz Cafe (Camden)Buy Tickets
- Sat 23rd Mar 2019 Dirty BeachesMoth Club (Hackney)Buy Tickets
- Wed 10th Apr 2019 LoopThe Haunt (Brighton)Buy Tickets
- Fri 3rd May 2019 Thought FormsSebright Arms (Hackney)Buy Tickets
- Sat 4th May 2019 Thought FormsThe Crofters Rights (Bristol)Buy Tickets
- Sat 18th May 2019 BEAK>Whelan's (Dublin)Buy Tickets
- Sun 19th May 2019 BEAK>The Hare and Hounds Birmingham (Kings Heath)Buy Tickets
- Mon 20th May 2019 BEAK>SWX (Bristol)Buy Tickets
- Tue 21st May 2019 BEAK>Concorde 2 (Brighton)Buy Tickets