Ed Harcourt announces Back into the Woods 2013 UK tour
His late spring travels takes in churches and concert halls, tickets on sale now
If ever there has been a travesty in the past couple of decades, it's that Ed Harcourt isn't playing stadiums by now. No matter - it means that wherever the Lewes-based troubadour does lay down his tunes, the audience can feel part of the performance.
Shows are normally very intimate and in keeping with his impressive catalogue thus far, from the early days of the "Maplewood" EP and the Mercury Music Prize-nominated "Here Be Monsters", past the lovely mid-point of "Strangers" and up to last year's "Lustre". Apart from a brief dalliance with the charts in 2003 and 2004 with the singles "All of Your Days Will Be Blessed" and the #41 smash, "This One's for You", Ed hasn't bothered compilers too often, or radio for that matter - you see, a travesty.
Will things change with his next full-length album, "Back into the Woods"? Probably not but that's good - no crazy piano versions of "Gangnam Style" going on here (perish the thought), just nourishing piano-driven torch-ballads and stories from one of our most treasured secrets.
In May, Harcourt will pop down to his local festival and perform in Brighton at The Great Escape 2013, before heading out on tour. Rather than standard live venues, Harcourt's aim this time is to covet the spatial advantage to be gleaned from churches and concert halls, such as Cadogan Hall in London on 30th May, Leeds' Holy Trinity and the Sage in Gateshead, plus many more throughout May and June.
Tickets on sale now, except for Leeds which is on sale now. Prices weigh in at around £12.50, even for London (which does rise up to £17.50, mind you). Bargain!
You may be interested in
- Fri 24th Aug 2018 to Sun 26th Aug 2018 The Big FeastivalBuy Tickets
- Fri 24th Aug 2018 Victorious Festival, The Libertines, Kaiser Chiefs, Shed Sev...Southsea Seafront (Southsea)Buy Tickets
- Fri 24th Aug 2018 Creamfields, Carl Cox, Armin van Buuren, The Chainsmokers, S...Daresbury Estate (Warrington)Buy Tickets
- Sat 25th Aug 2018 and Sun 26th Aug 2018 Victorious FestivalBuy Tickets
- Sat 25th Aug 2018 to Mon 27th Aug 2018 Blonde RedheadBuy Tickets
- Sat 25th Aug 2018 Liam FrostThe Deaf Institute (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Fri 31st Aug 2018 to Thu 8th Nov 2018 The WytchesBuy Tickets
- Sat 8th Sep 2018 Shiiine On, Orbital, Shed Seven, Happy Mondays, Embrace, Gla...O2 Academy Birmingham (Birmingham)Buy Tickets
- Sat 8th Sep 2018 OnBlackheath, Squeeze, The Divine Comedy, Billy Bragg, Corin...Blackheath Common (London)Buy Tickets
- Sun 9th Sep 2018 OnBlackheath, Paloma Faith, De La Soul, Corinne Bailey Rae, ...Blackheath Common (London)Buy Tickets
- Tue 18th Sep 2018 Chet BakerJazz Cafe (Camden)Buy Tickets
- Tue 25th Sep 2018 Manic Street PreachersO2 Shepherds Bush Empire (Shepherds Bush)Buy Tickets
- Tue 2nd Oct 2018 to Sun 7th Oct 2018 Mark Lanegan, Duke GarwoodBuy Tickets
- Wed 3rd Oct 2018 to Fri 12th Oct 2018 Amber ArcadesBuy Tickets
- Fri 5th Oct 2018 and Sat 6th Oct 2018 Chemical BrothersBuy Tickets
- Sat 6th Oct 2018 Neighbourhood Festival, Everything Everything, Sundara Karma...Various Manchester Venues (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Tue 9th Oct 2018 to Fri 14th Dec 2018 GlasvegasBuy Tickets
- Fri 12th Oct 2018 to Sun 21st Oct 2018 GwennoBuy Tickets
- Fri 12th Oct 2018 Romeo StodartGreen Note (Camden)Buy Tickets
- Sat 13th Oct 2018 to Mon 22nd Oct 2018 Halo MaudBuy Tickets
- Sun 14th Oct 2018 to Fri 19th Oct 2018 The Parrots [Spain]Buy Tickets
- Thu 18th Oct 2018 to Fri 26th Oct 2018 Sigala: Brighter DaysBuy Tickets
- Sat 20th Oct 2018 Slowdive, Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever, James Holden, Kam...Various Bristol Venues (Bristol)Buy Tickets
- Mon 29th Oct 2018 Chemical Brothers, James Holroyd3arena (Dublin)Buy Tickets
- Wed 21st Nov 2018 to Tue 27th Nov 2018 Madeleine Peyroux: The Anthem TourBuy Tickets
- Sat 24th Nov 2018 London Jazz Festival, Madeleine PeyrouxRoyal Festival Hall (Lambeth)Buy Tickets