Petula Clark travels Downtown for autumn 2013 UK tour
Legendary '60s icon celebrates over six decades of hits. Tickets on sale now
There can't be many performers from as far back as World War II who can lay claim to still having a career some 70 years later, but Petula Clark can. Now in her 80th year, Clark began life as a child-prodigy on BBC Radio as a tonic for the troops, before taking to the stage as a teenager, as well as performing more radio-series.
It wasn't until the '50s that Clark's recording career began in earnest, inking a deal with the iconic Pye Nixa imprint and releasing a swathe of French-language singles, popular in both Belgium and France, thus opening the doors to other European countries, Germany in particular. Back home, during the '60s, the first of fifteen consecutive Top 40 hits followed previous #1 single "Sailor" to the top of the charts. "Downtown" has proven to be Clark's signature song and has seen a few reissues along the way, including a #2 hit in Ireland re-recorded with The Saw Doctors.
After a recent appearance on Jools Holland's Hootenanny on New Year's Eve, interest has gathered apace for more live appearances and new recordings, something which the singer is only too glad to oblige.
In support of a new studio album "Lost In You", due for issue on 25th February, Petula Clark will be touring the UK in the autumn. It's her first lengthy UK tour for some time and demand is sure to be very high. Stops include Salford on 2nd October, followed by Glasgow, Newcastle, York and many more until Cardiff on the 14th.
Tickets on sale now, ranging from £19.50 to £99.
You may be interested in
- Fri 21st Sep 2018 and Sat 8th Dec 2018 The StunningBuy Tickets
- Wed 26th Sep 2018 Nordoff Robbins Get Loud, Lisa StansfieldMatt & Phreds (Northern Quarter)Buy Tickets
- Tue 2nd Oct 2018 to Mon 22nd Oct 2018 Van MorrisonBuy Tickets
- Fri 26th Oct 2018 BluesFest, Robert Plant and the Sensational Space Shifters, ...The O2 Arena (Greenwich)Buy Tickets
- Fri 26th Oct 2018 to Fri 15th Feb 2019 The SearchersBuy Tickets
- Sun 28th Oct 2018 BluesFest: Robert Plant, Van Morrison3arena (Dublin)Buy Tickets
- Sat 1st Dec 2018 The WaterboysLeisureland (Galway)Buy Tickets
- Fri 7th Dec 2018 Georgie FameFairkytes Arts Centre (Romford)Buy Tickets
- Wed 12th Dec 2018 to Sun 16th Dec 2018 Paul McCartney: Freshen UpBuy Tickets
- Thu 13th Dec 2018 The Pretty Things, David Gilmour, Van Morrison: Final BowIndigo at the O2 (Greenwich)Buy Tickets
- Sat 29th Dec 2018 The Stunning, The Frank and WaltersLeisureland (Galway)Buy Tickets