Cancer Bats announce spring 2013 UK tour
The revered Canadian hardcore outfit follow Dead Set On Living with spring 2013 tour - tickets on sale from Friday 21st December
You want heads-down no-nonsense savage riffery? Best call up Cancer Bats, the uncompromising outfit who have been bludgeoning eardrums for almost ten years now.
Formed in 2004, the Canadians have wasted no time in delivering a handful of tougher than tough albums such as the debut "Birthing the Giant" and the follow-up "Hail Destroyer". But it was 2010's "Bears, Mayors, Scraps and Bones" that gave Liam Cormier and his crew a leg-up, particularly over here in the UK. It included a cover version of the Beastie Boys' "Sabotage" (also issued on an EP of the same name) and offered a dark insight into the minds of the Bats, as well as some explosive live shows, including a slot at Sonisphere 2011.
Observers expected more of the same with 2012's "Dead Set On Living", but Cancer Bats had other plans. Still very much a 'rock' album, tracks like the singles "Road Sick" and "Bricks and Mortar" have more than an element of Black Flag meets Foo Fighters about them - and that's good.
After supporting Enter Shikari on a recent UK tour, the Bats are heading back for some headlining action. Prepare to be bruised from 8th March when the band touch down in Plymouth, before heading to Cardiff, Birmingham, London, Newcastle and lots more until Brighton on 22nd March.
Tickets go on sale at 9AM, Friday 21st December for all but the Reading date (on sale Saturday 22nd Dec), priced from just £10 (£12 for Camden).
- Tue 30th Oct 2018 Anti-Flag, Cancer BatsThe Asylum (Birmingham)Buy Tickets
- Wed 31st Oct 2018 Anti-Flag, Cancer BatsSWX (Bristol)Buy Tickets
- Thu 1st Nov 2018 Anti-Flag, Cancer BatsHeaven (Westminster)Buy Tickets
- Fri 2nd Nov 2018 Anti-Flag, Cancer BatsManchester Academy (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Sat 3rd Nov 2018 Anti-Flag, Cancer BatsThe Garage/ G2/ Attic (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Tue 6th Nov 2018 Anti-Flag, Cancer BatsWhelan's (Dublin)Buy Tickets