Reel Big Fish to bring Candy Coated Fury to 2013 UK tour
Ska-punk sextet resume live duties with lengthy spring jaunt, tickets on sale now/Wednesday 21st November
They say some bands never grow up - Madness, Bad Manners, Green Day and Bowling For Soup spring to mind with their live shows and records peppered with in-jokes, lampooning around and, above all, fun. Perhaps even the old fart joke.
Flying the flag for excessive tomfoolery are Reel Big Fish who have been gurning at cameras and acting like school-kids since the '90s. Twenty years later and things haven't changed a great deal, save for the odd line-up change and album titles. "Everything Sucks!", "Monkeys for Nothin' and the Chimps for Free" (ha ha, good one) and "Fame, Fortune and Fornication" merely hint at the daftness within. The band themselves describe their new album, originally titled "Honk if You're Horny" apparently, as "happy, wacky, silly, joyous, fast music that makes you want to dance", which is really all you need to know.
Thankfully, Reel Big Fish saw sense and eventually christened their seventh studio set, released in the summer, as "Candy Coated Fury", an apt moniker given the contents and their own proclamations about it. Job done, apart from a tour.
Next year will see the punky little scamps head back to the UK to give us all a (ahem) 'Skagazm' with a lengthy tour that starts in Brighton on 20th February 2013, followed by Cardiff, Exeter, Frome and plenty more until 8th March.
We will have tickets on sale from 9am Wednesday 21st November, except for a few such as Middlesbrough which is available to buy now - prices start from £14.50. Note that many shows may sell out and with little space between the shows, extra dates are unlikely due to their commitments across Europe - so get in quick!
You may be interested in
- Fri 27th Jan 2017 El PussycatThe Donkey Bar (Leicester)Buy Tickets
- Fri 10th Feb 2017 New Town KingsMK11 (Milton Keynes)Buy Tickets
- Sat 4th Mar 2017 Missing AndyEsquires (Bedford)Buy Tickets
- Sat 18th Mar 2017 Bombskare, Mickey 9sThe Record Factory (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Mon 3rd Apr 2017 to Wed 19th Apr 2017 The ToastersBuy Tickets
- Thu 6th Apr 2017 to Fri 14th Apr 2017 The Dead 60sBuy Tickets
- Thu 13th Apr 2017 London International Ska Festival, The Dead 60sElectric Ballroom (Camden)Buy Tickets
- Tue 18th Apr 2017 to Sun 23rd Apr 2017 The Menzingers, The FlatlinersBuy Tickets
- Thu 20th Apr 2017 Paint it Black, The ToastersSound Control (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Fri 26th May 2017 to Sun 28th May 2017 The Specials, Toots and the MaytalsBuy Tickets
- Sat 27th May 2017 Ska FaceKing George's Hall (Blackburn)Buy Tickets
- Wed 28th Jun 2017 and Tue 4th Jul 2017 Green Day, RancidBuy Tickets