Paul Weller unveils Forestry Commission shows for summer 2013
Iconic songwriter follows-up Crisis show and Sonik Kicks with outdoor concerts in Suffolk and Gloucestershire, tickets on sale Friday 23rd November
After what has been a comparatively quiet year tour-wise, 2013 already holds promise for fans of Paul Weller keen to see the man in action. Apart from a Roundhouse residency and a few one-offs including December's very worthy Crisis show in Hammersmith (it's on the 19th with Miles Kane, Ben Elton and Emeli Sandé - £39 to £55), the million-selling singer has been relatively mute.
News of two huge outdoor shows next year will undoubtedly be met with an enthusiastic nod of approval by many, not least for those living near to the chosen locations. The Forestry Commission has secured Weller's services for a pair of concerts due to take place in the summer next year, both of which represent the first FC shows announced so far.
First stop for Paul Weller will be Thetford Forest in Suffolk on Friday 12th July, with the second being Westonbirt Arboretum on Saturday 20th July. Tickets for both shows will go on sale at 9am on Friday 23rd November, priced at £39 plus fees.
Guests for the shows will be announced in due course and a portion of income goes towards the Forestry Commission's ongoing commitment to making the very same wild, wild woods that Weller sings about, conserved and accessible for generations to come.
- Thu 23rd Aug 2018 Paul WellerBarbican Centre (York)Buy Tickets
- Fri 24th Aug 2018 Paul WellerGenting/ NEC Arena (Birmingham)Buy Tickets
- Sat 1st Sep 2018 The Downs, Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, Paul Weller, ...The Downs (Clifton)Buy Tickets
- Thu 11th Oct 2018 Paul WellerRoyal Festival Hall (Lambeth)More Info..
- Fri 12th Oct 2018 Paul WellerRoyal Festival Hall (Lambeth)More Info..