Fish announces his 2013 Moveable Feast UK tour
New album 'A Feast Of Consequences' released to coincide with string of shows, tickets on sale now
For over twenty years, ex-Marillion singer, frontman, luminary and progressive prophet Fish has cornered his own market with a string of complex, literary albums that, while not huge crossover successes (and what does that matter?), have kept him busy both in the studio and on the road.
A glance at his discography which leans heavily on live album releases, albeit limited issues, suggests that Derek William Dick is a man who likes to document, to recall and to inform. His website is a masterpiece of informative facts and figures about a performer whose oeuvre has spanned singing, acting, writing and conversing. He's been a petrol pump attendant, a gardener and attended his first gig ('as a punter') in 1974 - it was Yes, if you were wondering. All these little details are what has made Fish an interesting character, even to non-fans. So imagine the depth of biographical information that went into this year's Fish Convention 2012 in Leamington Spa. Clearly, he's keen to engage his fans - he apparently sang fan-favourite "Grendel". Twice.
Whether this legendary Marillion song will appear on his next tour's setlist remains to be seen. For a start, Fish will be releasing his 10th studio album in the spring - "A Feast of Consequences" is due for release in May 2013, at around the same time as the concerts go 'live'.
First port of call on his "The Moveable Feast Tour" is Aberdeen on 17th May, followed by Glasgow, Gateshead and numerous towns that don't get big rock names too often such as Stamford, Warrington and, the final stop, Tavistock. The London show is at the Islington Academy and we have tickets for all shows now, priced at £22.50 [Yes - even London! - Ed].
You may be interested in
- Sun 25th Mar 2018 Marillion, Howard Jones, Fundraising Event: Benefit Concert for Earthly MessengerFriars (Aylesbury)Buy Tickets
- Sun 8th Apr 2018 MarillionUlster Hall (Belfast)Buy Tickets
- Mon 9th Apr 2018 MarillionVicar Street (Dublin)Buy Tickets
- Wed 11th Apr 2018 MarillionThe Sage (Gateshead)Buy Tickets
- Fri 13th Apr 2018 MarillionThe Corn Exchange (Cambridge)Buy Tickets
- Sat 14th Apr 2018 MarillionSymphony Hall (Birmingham)Buy Tickets
- Mon 16th Apr 2018 MarillionBrighton Dome/ Concert Hall (Brighton)Buy Tickets
- Tue 17th Apr 2018 MarillionColston Hall/ Lantern (Bristol)Buy Tickets
- Thu 19th Apr 2018 MarillionThe Hexagon (Reading)Buy Tickets
- Fri 20th Apr 2018 MarillionThe Philharmonic Hall (Liverpool)Buy Tickets
- Sun 22nd Apr 2018 MarillionBarbican Centre (York)Buy Tickets