Journey, Whitesnake and Thunder join forces for spring 2013 UK tour
All three rock bands to appear together for the first time ever, tickets on sale Friday 9th November
If the following song-titles give you goose-bumps and have you punching the air with fists or the sacred 'horns', then you might just need to sit down for a second. "Don't Stop Believin'", "Fool For Your Loving", "Backstreet Symphony", "Who's Crying Now?", "Here I Go Again", "A Better Man" - imagine all those songs crammed into one night's live entertainment from not one, not two but THREE of the world's big classic-rock bands. You don't have to imagine anymore.
Next spring, American million-selling headliners Journey, British co-headliners Whitesnake and supports Thunder will be on the same bill for the very first time as they undertake a UK tour. The shows begin in Glasgow on 18th May and continue to other arenas in Sheffield, Newcastle, Manchester etc until Wembley on the 29th. We'll have tickets on sale from 10am on Friday 9th November, all priced from around £45 (£48.50 for London). That's £15 approx per band. Classic.
Journey will not only be familiar to misty-eyed lovers of straight-edged emotional American rock - the band's fortunes took a turn for the better in 2009 with the unlikely re-release of their biggest song "Don't Stop Believin'", inspired by the inclusion of the song in teeny-frat show Glee. But, the band's catalogue is, otherwise, much larger and harder - the song's parent-album "Escape" is worthy of purchase by any self-respecting leatherhead.
Whitesnake pretty much soundtracked the '80s rock-scene with hits such as "Fool For Your Loving", "Don't Break My Heart Again", "Guilty of Love", "Here I Go Again" and "Is This Love". David Coverdale remains one of Britain's premier voices of rock. They're planning a double-album for release next year.
Thunder are out on the road before this tour however both Christmas shows in Manchester have long since sold-out. So, Thunder fans, why not see them in all their glory during this huge tour? It'll be a night to remember.
You may be interested in
- Fri 21st Dec 2018 ThunderRoundhouse (Camden)Buy Tickets
- Fri 1st Feb 2019 Thunder, Dan ReedSt David's Hall (Cardiff)Buy Tickets
- Sat 2nd Feb 2019 Thunder, Dan ReedRegent Theatre (Ipswich)Buy Tickets
- Mon 4th Feb 2019 Thunder, Dan ReedThe Bridgewater Hall (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Tue 5th Feb 2019 Thunder, Dan ReedBarbican Centre (York)Buy Tickets
- Wed 6th Feb 2019 Thunder, Dan ReedThe Sage (Gateshead)Buy Tickets
- Fri 8th Feb 2019 Thunder, Dan ReedRoyal Concert Hall/ Strathclyde Suite (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Sat 9th Feb 2019 Thunder, Dan ReedDe Montfort Hall and Gardens (Leicester)Buy Tickets
- Mon 11th Feb 2019 Thunder, Dan ReedBath Forum (Bath)Buy Tickets
- Tue 12th Feb 2019 Thunder, Dan ReedSymphony Hall (Birmingham)Buy Tickets