Wednesday 13 announces horrible spring 2013 UK tour
Witness The Dixie Dead in person as new album gets unveiled at March shows, tickets on sale Monday 5th November
What a deliciously scary, spooky week this is turning out to be. Horrible Halloween, X Factor on the telly, Murderdolls' singer's tickets on the loose, Fireworks night. Wait a minute - did I mention Murderdolls somewhere in that sentence? I certainly did.
No Halloween week would be complete without a spot of theatre and let's face it, Alice Cooper can't do it all on his own and Marilyn Manson is too busy on holiday in the Tropics getting a tan (possibly). So, we welcome back the dulcet tones of Wednesday 13, the macabre horror-rock schlock-terror non-de-plume of Murderdolls' frontman Joseph Poole. Hey kids, don't be (too) scared, he's fine once you get know him.
And getting to know him is something a very large legion of fans has done in recent years. Never mind the trio of cult-selling albums such as "Right to Remain Violent" and "Women and Children last", Poole's, sorry, Wednesday 13's solo work is more bounteous and prolific, not forgetting a tad tongue-in-cheek when it comes to titles. "Fang Bang", "Transylvania 90210" and "Calling All Corpses" suggest a sense of humour and an understanding of parody, not least a love of cheap zombie flicks and a dose of Bela Lugosi on a Sunday afternoon.
The horror continues next year when Mr 13 gets around to releasing a follow-up to 2012's EP "Spook and Destroy". Entitled "The Dixie Dead", you can bet on another full-on assault of garage-tinged cowpunk and grimly fiendish delights - as well as some shows. In the immortal words of their 2008 album, rather than just issue music online, '**** it, he'll do it live'.
After his Halloween knees-up in Camden last week, Wednesday 13 will return in 2013 for some spring scare-mongering in the form of a tour. First stop is Brighton on 6th March, followed by Bristol, Manchester and more until Islington on the 13th. We'll have tickets on sale from 10am Monday 5th November. Just don't turn up wearing a tracksuit.
- Tue 24th Sep 2019 Static-X, SOiL, Wednesday 13, DopeSWX (Bristol)Buy Tickets
- Wed 25th Sep 2019 Static-X, SOiL, Wednesday 13, DopeTramshed (Cardiff)Buy Tickets
- Thu 26th Sep 2019 Static-X, SOiL, Wednesday 13, DopeElectric Ballroom (Camden)Buy Tickets
- Fri 27th Sep 2019 Static-X, SOiL, Wednesday 13Rock City (Nottingham)Buy Tickets
- Sat 28th Sep 2019 Static-X, SOiL, Wednesday 13Leeds University Union [Stylus/ Pulse/ Mine] (Leeds)Buy Tickets
- Sun 29th Sep 2019 Static-X, SOiL, Wednesday 13Engine Rooms (Southampton)Buy Tickets
- Tue 1st Oct 2019 Static-X, SOiL, Wednesday 13Northumbria University Students Union/ Institute (Newcastle-upon-Tyne)Buy Tickets
- Thu 3rd Oct 2019 Static-X, SOiL, Wednesday 13O2 Ritz (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Fri 4th Oct 2019 Static-X, SOiL, Wednesday 13O2 Institute (Birmingham)Buy Tickets
You may also be interested in
- Tue 21st May 2019 to Sun 26th May 2019 Christian DeathBuy Tickets