Joe Satriani confirms spring 2013 UK tour and new album
Guitar Maestro will be joined by Matt Schofield for shows that will also coincide with retrospective box-set, tickets on sale Friday 2nd November
Our original description of the American award-winning axe-man glibly commented, "what this man can't do with a guitar, can't be done on a guitar". 'Tis true though - Joe Satriani is, to quote the title of his 1986 debut-album, "not of this earth" and has forged a career out of slinging his guitar with the best of them, as well as acting as mentor to the likes of Steve Vai and Charlie Hunter.
His first big break came from one member of the biggest band in the world right now, one Mick Jagger of The Rolling Stones who was impressed enough with Satriani's no-nonsense technical style on his first few solo albums to recruit him for work on his then solo world tour in 1988. Fortune fell into Joe's lap again in 1994 when none other than Deep Purple enlisted his talents to temporarily replace the great Richie Blackmore. And then there has been G3, a live touring project that originally featured the man himself alongside other guitar-wizards Vai and Eric Johnson. He is the guitarist's guitarist, for sure.
2013 looks like being the year to remember and discover Satriani's canon in equal measure. A new album, as yet untitled, is due in the New Year, along with a career-spanning box-set that will mop up his classic tracks from the likes of "Surfing with the Alien" and "The Extremist" and no doubt cluster them with some rarities. But it's the follow-up to 2010's "Black Swans and Wormhole Wizards" that interests fans most because a new tour looms with it.
His first shows since performing with Chickenfoot earlier this year sees Joe Satriani hook up with guest Matt Schofield, a blues guitarist who is also worth his own admission price. Shows begin in Manchester on 8th June, followed by Glasgow, Newcastle and plenty more across the UK until two dates in London, one in the West at the Shepherd's Bush Empire on 17th June and one in the East at the IndigO2 on the 18th.
We will have tickets for all shows from 9am on Friday 2nd November, priced at £33 - £50, depending on venue and seat location. They have the potential to sell very quickly.
You may be interested in
- Tue 24th Apr 2018 G3, Steve Vai, John Petrucci, Uli Jon RothCliffs Pavilion (Southend)Buy Tickets
- Wed 25th Apr 2018 G3, Steve Vai, John Petrucci, Uli Jon RothEventim Apollo (Hammersmith)Buy Tickets
- Thu 26th Apr 2018 G3, Steve Vai, John Petrucci, Uli Jon RothColston Hall/ Lantern (Bristol)Buy Tickets
- Fri 27th Apr 2018 G3, Steve Vai, John Petrucci, Uli Jon RothO2 Apollo (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Sun 29th Apr 2018 G3, Steve Vai, John Petrucci, Uli Jon RothGuildhall (Portsmouth)Buy Tickets
- Mon 30th Apr 2018 G3, Steve Vai, John Petrucci, Uli Jon RothSymphony Hall (Birmingham)Buy Tickets