George Thorogood and the Destroyers announce summer 2013 UK Tour
Posted: 25th October 2012
Blues-rockers will be Bad to the Bone for first British dates since 2009, tickets on sale Friday 26th October
Formed almost 40 years ago, George Thorogood's initial demo to his first record company was titled with some intent - "Better than the Rest" sounds more like a sure shot from the likes of Liam Gallagher or Kanye West, than an unassuming blues guitarist trying to earn a crust.
The aforementioned demo didn't see the light of day until 1979, some five years later. Beforehand he and his Destroyers unleashed two studio albums in the form of their self-titled debut-album and "Move it on Over". The debut remains Thorogood's only UK chart success, although his US following has ensured his presence in the Billboard Top 200 on more than one occasion. His first 'hit' came in 1982 with "Bad to the Bone" and has been followed by album after album of quality rock and blues that could be argued as a link between Stevie Ray Vaughan and Bruce Springsteen.
The band's most recent release was in 2011 - "2120 South Michigan Ave" refers to the address of the influential Chess label and contains several covers by artists associated with the label.
Next year, George Thorogood and the Destroyers will return to the UK for their first tour in 4 years, an occasion which should ensure plenty of interest over here, given the continued interest in the blues community. His first show is at the Cambridge Corn Exchange, followed by Shepherd's Bush Empire (he last appeared here in 2006), Manchester, Birmingham and finally Glasgow.
We will have tickets to all shows from 9am on Friday 26th October, with prices ranging from £28.50 for regionals to £34 for London.
- Fri 23rd Jul 2021 George Thorogood and the Destroyers Theatre Royal Concert Hall (Nottingham) Buy Tickets
- Sun 25th Jul 2021 George Thorogood and the Destroyers O2 Shepherds Bush Empire (Shepherds Bush) Buy Tickets
- Mon 26th Jul 2021 George Thorogood and the Destroyers The Philharmonic Hall (Liverpool) Buy Tickets
- Wed 28th Jul 2021 George Thorogood and the Destroyers Symphony Hall (Birmingham) Buy Tickets
- Fri 30th Jul 2021 George Thorogood and the Destroyers Barbican Centre (York) Buy Tickets
- Sat 31st Jul 2021 George Thorogood and the Destroyers The Armadillo (Glasgow) Buy Tickets
- Sun 1st Aug 2021 George Thorogood and the Destroyers The Bridgewater Hall (Manchester) Buy Tickets