Simple Minds to Celebrate their Greatest Hits with mammoth 2013 UK tour
Posted: 23rd October 2012
New career-spanning compilation will accompany 28-date jaunt during the spring, tickets on sale Friday 26th October 2012
After their recent 5X5 concerts across the UK managed to sell out, it was probably already set in stone that Jim Kerr's men would reconvene for a more comprehensive and wider-reaching tour as soon as possible. And that's precisely what has been confirmed this week. And when we say 'mammoth', we really mean it.
Rather than restrict the 2013 shows to stadiums, an environment that Simple Minds have often frequented in recent decades, the masters of anthemic chart-hits have chosen smaller, more provincial, venues in towns, as well as 'great cities'. Alongside their month-long travels will be a new album, an upgrade to their already-released collections and hit compilations.
Following up last years expansive (but not expensive) "5X5" box-set and tour, which covered just about everything from their first five innovative albums, including gleaming crossover "New Gold Dream", Simple Minds' canon has been picked over once more for "Celebrate: The Greatest Hits", due for release in March 2013. And if you can remember just how many hits that the Minds managed to rack up in the '80s and '90s, you'll be keen to head out of your front-door and down to your local venue to see them perform, right?
The snappily-named Greatest Hits tour will begin in Belfast on 28th March 2013 (guess which tune they'll be performing here!), followed by Carlisle, Newcastle, Aberdeen and loads more across England and Wales such as Llandudno, Plymouth, Margate, Hull, Guildford etc until finishing in East Anglia for shows in Norwich and Ipswich in May.
There is NO London show, or Manchester, Birmingham or Glasgow - this is all about, as Jim Kerr states, "getting up close to so many who have supported us over the last three decades". No doubt the big boys will soon have their fun. They have indeed, promised you a miracle - for a start, that one-way system in Lincoln is a swine.
We will have tickets to all of the tour-dates from 10am on Friday 26th October, with the exception being Belfast (9am). Prices weigh in at around £34-£39.50. And yes, they're bound to sell out at a lot of these venues.
- Tue 9th Feb 2021 Simple Minds Motorpoint Arena (Cardiff) Buy Tickets
- Fri 12th Feb 2021 Simple Minds First Direct Arena (Leeds) Buy Tickets
- Mon 15th Feb 2021 Simple Minds Bournemouth International Centre BIC (Bournemouth) Buy Tickets
- Tue 16th Feb 2021 Simple Minds Brighton Centre (Brighton) Buy Tickets
- Thu 18th Feb 2021 Simple Minds SSE Hydro (Glasgow) Buy Tickets
- Fri 19th Feb 2021 Simple Minds Resorts World Arena/ NEC Arena (Birmingham) Buy Tickets
- Sat 20th Feb 2021 Simple Minds Wembley SSE Arena (Wembley) Buy Tickets
- Mon 22nd Feb 2021 Simple Minds 3arena (Dublin) Buy Tickets
- Fri 18th Jun 2021 Nocturne Live, Simple Minds, Deacon Blue : 40 Years of Hits Blenheim Palace (Oxford) Buy Tickets
- Thu 12th Aug 2021 Simple Minds M & S Bank Arena [Formerly Echo] (Liverpool) Buy Tickets
- Sun 15th Aug 2021 Simple Minds Princes Street Gardens (Edinburgh) Buy Tickets
- Tue 17th Aug 2021 Simple Minds P and J Live (formerly TECA) (Aberdeen) Buy Tickets
- Thu 19th Aug 2021 Simple Minds Bonus Arena (Hull) Buy Tickets
- Fri 20th Aug 2021 Simple Minds Utilita Arena (Newcastle-upon-Tyne) Buy Tickets
- Sat 21st Aug 2021 Simple Minds Motorpoint Arena (Nottingham) Buy Tickets
- Mon 23rd Aug 2021 CHSQ: Simple Minds Custom House Square (Belfast) Buy Tickets