Mumford and Sons 2012 Tour of Two Halves - new date added!
Brit-folkies celebrate release of second album with extensive knees-up in theatres and arenas, tickets on sale now/Monday 8th October
It's hard to imagine now, but the very first Mumford and Sons gigs on our database hark back to 2008 and include Edinburgh's Voodoo Rooms, Nottingham's Bunker Hill and Oxford's Jericho Tavern. A quick glance at their forthcoming schedule may suggest to anyone who has spent the last four years on Jupiter that Marcus Mumford, plus his maniacal mandolin-strummin' anthemic folksters, have been doing just a little bit of 'OK'. An understatement.
Currently one of the UK's leading acts across the pond, along with Adele, Mumford and Sons have rocketed from performing modest venues to huge arenas and festival headliners, often creating a near-devotional experience for their army of loyal fans. Hardly the most trendy (whatever the hell that is) gaggle of performers, their infectious songs, often unfairly derided by the very same members of the press who were brown-nosing them a year or so ago, are perfect 'live' material. Drink in one hand, lover in the other, what's not to like or at least smile at?
After the whopping success of debut album 'Sigh No More' in 2009, Mumford and Sons have today (24th Sep) released the follow-up, the much-anticipated 'Babel'. You want a banjo-busting wingding? Check. Mandolin-mashing ruckus. Sure. Fist-pumping hoe-downs? Word - check out lead single 'I Will Wait'. How about a tour? Thought so.
Following on from their recent Gentlemen of the Road tour, Mumford and Sons will be touring the UK in the autumn, starting with a handful of theatres stretching from Torquay on 21st November, through the likes of Portsmouth, Dundee and more to Llandudno on the 27th, before hitting a few arenas in Newcastle, London and more before hitting Belfast, then Dublin on 16th December.
We'll have just Premium (i.e. resale) tickets for the initial dates but...
Update - new date added
After the huge rush for their upcoming tour already, it's down to the Mumfords to counter demand generated by their Later with Jools slot and #1 album, 'Babel'. They've started with a second O2 Arena date in London on 18th December - tickets are on sale Monday 8th October at 10am. Watch out for more extra dates.
- Fri 16th Nov 2018 Mumford and Sons: Delta3arena (Dublin)Buy Tickets
- Sun 18th Nov 2018 Mumford and Sons: DeltaSSE Arena Belfast (Belfast)Buy Tickets
- Tue 20th Nov 2018 Mumford and Sons: DeltaSSE Hydro (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Wed 21st Nov 2018 Mumford and Sons: DeltaManchester Arena (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Fri 23rd Nov 2018 Mumford and Sons: DeltaResorts World Arena/ NEC Arena (Birmingham)Buy Tickets
- Sat 24th Nov 2018 Mumford and Sons: DeltaFlyDSA Sheffield Arena (Sheffield)Buy Tickets
- Sun 25th Nov 2018 Mumford and Sons: DeltaMetro Radio Arena (Newcastle-upon-Tyne)Buy Tickets
- Tue 27th Nov 2018 Mumford and Sons: DeltaMotorpoint Arena (Nottingham)Buy Tickets
- Wed 28th Nov 2018 Mumford and Sons: DeltaMotorpoint Arena (Cardiff)Buy Tickets
- Thu 29th Nov 2018 Mumford and Sons: DeltaThe O2 Arena (Greenwich)Buy Tickets
- Sat 1st Dec 2018 Mumford and Sons: DeltaFirst Direct Arena (Leeds)Buy Tickets
- Sun 2nd Dec 2018 Mumford and Sons: DeltaEcho Arena/ The Auditorium (Liverpool)Buy Tickets