Katherine Jenkins announces more Christmas 2012 shows
The Welsh star has added three more dates to her December schedule - we'll have tickets on sale Friday 7th September 2012
It's been another amazing 12 months for Katherine Jenkins. Daydream, her eighth album, was released last October. It reached No 6 on the UK album chart and preceded another raft of sold-out high profile shows.
Popular everywhere she goes and in almost everything she does, the 32 year old from Neath has even turned her hand (or heels) to dancing this summer with a stint in Dancing With the Stars; America's Strictly Come Dancing. She did well, making it all the way to the final with her partner Mark Ballas, eventually placing second. It is typical of Jenkins' midas touch and commitment to hard work.
It is not graft alone, of course. Unquestionably, Jenkins has that something extra. It may be no more than her manner, her polite humility. Perhaps it is her unabashed South Wales accent, proudly worn. Maybe it is the likeable, slightly mischievous glint in her eye. Most likely it is all of these things, wrapped in a pretty package and crowned with a stunning window-shaking all-conquering mezzo-soprano voice that thrills ITV armchair fans and classical purists alike.
And this year she'll be turning those tonsils to many a Christmas classic as Jenkins lines up with the National Symphony Orchestra to deliver a series of concerts featuring extracts from her latest album as well as some festive standards. The tour kicks off in Manchester on 9th December, followed by dates in London (Royal Albert Hall), Sheffield, Brighton and more, before the final date announced so far in Gateshead on 21st December 2012. There is a Dublin show on 15th December.
We have tickets for all dates available now except for Sheffield, Brighton and Gateshead which go on sale at 9.30am on Friday 7th September. Prices start at around £30 for the UK dates and from €50 for Dublin.
Ahead of the Christmas shows, Katherine is also playing a couple of UK shows in the next week; at Avenham Park, Preston, (7th) and then Newcastle on (9th). We have tickets available now, priced £65 and £29 respectively.
You may also be interested in
- Wed 21st Feb 2018 and Sat 24th Feb 2018 Scottish Opera: FlightBuy Tickets
- Fri 23rd Feb 2018 to Fri 4th May 2018 Ellen Kent - Opera InternationalBuy Tickets
- Tue 6th Mar 2018 to Fri 13th Apr 2018 Welsh National Opera: ToscaBuy Tickets
- Wed 7th Mar 2018 Welsh National Opera, Don GiovanniHippodrome (Birmingham)Buy Tickets
- Thu 8th Mar 2018 Welsh National Opera, ToscaHippodrome (Birmingham)Buy Tickets
- Fri 16th Mar 2018 and Thu 22nd Mar 2018 La Traviata, English National OperaBuy Tickets
- Sun 1st Apr 2018 Madam Butterfly, Ellen Kent - Opera InternationalCaird Hall/ Marryat Hall (Dundee)Buy Tickets
- Mon 16th Apr 2018 to Tue 5th Jun 2018 Gary Barlow, KT TunstallBuy Tickets
- Mon 7th May 2018 to Sat 23rd Jun 2018 Gary BarlowBuy Tickets
- Wed 23rd May 2018 to Sun 1st Jul 2018 TriOperasBuy Tickets
- Thu 31st May 2018 to Sat 30th Jun 2018 Alfie BoeBuy Tickets
- Fri 1st Jun 2018 to Sun 24th Jun 2018 Lionel RichieBuy Tickets
- Mon 4th Jun 2018 Jonathan Ansell, Rhydian RobertsAssembly Hall Theatre (Tunbridge Wells)Buy Tickets
- Wed 6th Jun 2018 Eden Sessions, Gary BarlowThe Eden Project (Cornwall)Buy Tickets
- Fri 8th Jun 2018 and Sat 9th Jun 2018 Gary Barlow, Forest LiveBuy Tickets
- Sun 17th Jun 2018 Nocturne Live, Gary BarlowBlenheim Palace (Oxford)Buy Tickets
- Tue 19th Jun 2018 and Wed 20th Jun 2018 Hampton Court Palace Festival, Gary BarlowBuy Tickets
- Thu 6th Sep 2018 to Sat 8th Sep 2018 Barry ManilowBuy Tickets
- Thu 27th Sep 2018 to Sat 20th Oct 2018 Cliff Richard: 60th Anniversary TourBuy Tickets
- Fri 5th Oct 2018 Bryn TerfelRoyal Festival Hall (Lambeth)Buy Tickets
- Sat 13th Oct 2018 to Sun 4th Nov 2018 Michael BoltonBuy Tickets
- Tue 30th Oct 2018 to Sat 3rd Nov 2018 Andrea BocelliBuy Tickets
- Tue 20th Nov 2018 to Sat 1st Dec 2018 Glyndebourne on Tour: CendrillonBuy Tickets
- Sun 13th Jan 2019 The Irish TenorsINEC - Gleneagle Hotel Killarney (Kerry)Buy Tickets