Alt-J follow sold-out UK shows and Top 20 album with 2013 dates
An Awesome Wave of adoring fans awaits Mercury Music Prize-touted alt-pop outfit, tickets on sale Friday 7th September
What is it with band logos or artist names with symbols? Prince has previously attempted an air of anonymity with his squiggle, Led Zeppelin used four of them on their often-revered fourth album, !!! annoyed the hell out of every record shop assistant (they might have sold more if they weren't dumped after ZZ Top or before ABC) and as for M.I.A.'s recent dalliance with coding, well sorry, but that's just wrong, wrong, wrong.
With alt-J, sorry Δ, the symbol doesn't just mean a Mac computer symbol (press alt-j and up pops the aforementioned Greek delta character), it also signifies a change (albeit in mathematical terms) - fitting for a band looking for a new direction a few years ago. Let's face it, calling yourself 'Films' isn't going to earn you search engine points is it? It still lends an air of mystique to their name and an element of mysteriousness to the band's rather absorbing and uncategorized music. Mixing unerring jazz and folk rhythms with electronica might not be the newest fad on the block, but the quartet are a few levels above the norm, both lyrically and vocally.
After causing a stir with the singles 'Breezeblocks' and 'Tessellate', Alt-J have also been busy selling out their entire headlining tour due to start in Manchester in October. And they'll also be one of the most-anticipated acts at Bestival 2012 - bet they get a cool picture of the entire audience forming the triangle sign of loyalty at that show. We have some good news for those who simply can't make any Alt-J shows this year - they're back on the road in 2013!
The dates have been confirmed and include Birmingham on 5th May, Glasgow, Newcastle, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Nottingham, Cambridge, Bristol and finally (currently) Brixton on the 16th. We will have tickets on sale from Friday 7th September, priced from £13.50 to £16. You'll have to very quick on the click to get these - their initial 2013 London dates at the Shepherds Bush Empire (18th and 19th January) were snapped-up in very little time.
- Mon 15th Oct 2018 alt-JOlympia Theatre (Dublin)Buy Tickets
- Tue 16th Oct 2018 alt-JOlympia Theatre (Dublin)Buy Tickets
- Wed 17th Oct 2018 alt-JOlympia Theatre (Dublin)Buy Tickets
- Sun 21st Oct 2018 alt-JThe Armadillo (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Tue 23rd Oct 2018 alt-JLeeds Town Hall (Leeds)Buy Tickets
- Wed 24th Oct 2018 alt-JDe Montfort Hall and Gardens (Leicester)Buy Tickets
- Thu 25th Oct 2018 alt-JThe Sage (Gateshead)Buy Tickets
- Sun 28th Oct 2018 alt-JThe Bridgewater Hall (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Mon 29th Oct 2018 alt-JRoyal Albert Hall (Kensington)Buy Tickets
- Tue 30th Oct 2018 alt-JRoyal Albert Hall (Kensington)Buy Tickets