The Twang announce new album and 2012 UK tour
Posted: 21st August 2012
Birmingham outfit follow previous Top 20 albums with three on the bounce, tickets on sale Friday 24th August
Heading to The Twang's swish website tells you all you need to know - these boys can now afford to add bells and whistles as well as a CPU-burning video playing in the background. And it's not surprising that Birmingham's song-smiths look the 'business' online, as much as off it - they've been quietly notching up hit singles and albums while you've been chasing after the Oasis dream or pining for Radiohead to play in your garden. Take The Twang's 2007 debut album - it didn't reach #3 by looking pretty, it got there by the medium of catchy tunes and hard-slog touring. And a lot of loyal fans.
And so, after the success of 'Love It When I Feel Like This' and 'Jewellery Quarter', named after Birmingham's gem-packed district in the city's centre and a bit of a treasure trove of tunes that includes the-hit-that-should-have-been, 'Barney Rubble'. For album number three, they've opted for the title of '10:20' and a lead-single of 'Mainline', as well as a plethora of shows in November.
First stop on their imminent tour is Leeds on the 2nd November, followed by stops in Wolverhampton, Bristol, Portsmouth, Manchester and finally London on the 14th. Other venues are likely to be announced in due course, meanwhile these headliners and follow-ups to recent V Festival activity will set you back £12.50 (more for London). It is highly likely these shows will sell out fast.
The album '10:20' is due out at the end of October, giving you a few days to get acquainted with the new tunes before heading out to see them.
- Sun 22nd Nov 2020 The Twang : A Month of Sundays Manchester Academy (Manchester) Buy Tickets
- Sun 29th Nov 2020 The Twang Saint Luke's Glasgow (Glasgow) Buy Tickets
- Sun 6th Dec 2020 The Twang : A Month of Sundays The Sage (Gateshead) Buy Tickets
- Sun 13th Dec 2020 The Twang : A Month of Sundays Bush Hall (Shepherds Bush) Buy Tickets
- Sun 30th May 2021 Sonic Wave Festival: The Twang, JAWS, Swim Deep, The Blinders, Lady Bird, Talk Show, The Ninth Wave, AIRWAYS Various Venues (Birmingham) Buy Tickets