Noisettes make Contact and announce autumn 2012 UK tour
Streamlined pop duo to follow up Top 10 album with radio-friendly sound and live dates, tickets on sale Friday 17th August
In just a few short years, British indie-rock-then-pop trio-now-a-duo Noisettes have carved out a unique slot on the bedpost of life by being rather more colourful than most bland pop-acts these days. For a start, there are the costumes as worn by stunning singer Shingai Shoniwa. With more than a nod to the Gaultier-era of Grace Jones or the beautiful creatives from her African roots, the vocalist commands attention within seconds of prowling the stage. Within minutes of hearing the twosome's music, punters are hooked and releases gleefully purchased.
It wasn't always that simple - back in 2007 when Noisettes first appeared, they were a somewhat raucous live proposition with a nod towards power-rock and feral performances, not least from their audiences in and around London. First album 'What's The Time Mr Wolf' sold minimally and things looked done and dusted until Mazda used a new song, 'Don't Upset The Rhythm' for an advert. The floodgates opened, they reached #2 with the song and the Top 10 with its parent album 'Wild Young Hearts'.
Now slimmed down to a pair, Shoniwa and co-writer and performer Dan Smith are ready to wage war with third album 'Contact', a lean mean poppy machine bursting with easy-peasy choruses and the recent single 'That Girl'. Fresh from their Olympics 2012 appearance in Hyde Park, the band have also announced a string of dates for a UK tour in November, including Oxford, Camden, Manchester and Glasgow.
We will have tickets on sale from Friday 17th August, priced at £14-£16.
You may be interested in
- Wed 18th Jul 2018 to Sun 22nd Jul 2018 Tom JonesBuy Tickets
- Thu 19th Jul 2018 StereophonicsOpen Air Theatre (Scarborough)Buy Tickets
- Fri 20th Jul 2018 Tramlines Festival, StereophonicsHillsborough Park (Sheffield)Buy Tickets
- Sat 21st Jul 2018 Kaleidoscope Festival, The Flaming Lips, Ghostpoet, Mystery ...Alexandra Palace (London)Buy Tickets
- Sat 21st Jul 2018 Tramlines Festival, Noel Gallagher's High Flying BirdsHillsborough Park (Sheffield)Buy Tickets
- Sun 22nd Jul 2018 Tramlines Festival, Craig David, Blossoms, De La Soul, Jake ...Hillsborough Park (Sheffield)Buy Tickets
- Fri 27th Jul 2018 Y Not Festival, The Libertines, Manic Street Preachers, Kuru...Aston Hill Farm (Matlock)Buy Tickets
- Sun 29th Jul 2018 Catfish and the Bottlemen, The Libertines, Run DMC, Hacienda...Lowther Deer Park - Lowther Castle (Penrith)Buy Tickets
- Mon 6th Aug 2018 Edinburgh Summer Sessions, Tom JonesPrinces Street Gardens (Edinburgh)Buy Tickets
- Fri 17th Aug 2018 Rize Festival, Liam Gallagher, James Bay, Craig David, Plan ...Hylands Park (Chelmsford)Buy Tickets
- Sat 18th Aug 2018 Rize Festival, Stereophonics, Bastille, Years and Years, Rag...Hylands Park (Chelmsford)Buy Tickets
- Sat 18th Aug 2018 Pulled Apart By HorsesThe Sugarmill (Stoke-on-Trent)Buy Tickets
- Fri 24th Aug 2018 Victorious Festival, The Libertines, Kaiser Chiefs, Shed Sev...Southsea Seafront (Southsea)Buy Tickets
- Fri 24th Aug 2018 Common People [covers]The River Rooms (Stourbridge)Buy Tickets
- Thu 6th Sep 2018 Tony Allen, Amp FiddlerJazz Cafe (Camden)Buy Tickets
- Sat 15th Sep 2018 StereosonicsThe Flowerpot (Derby)Buy Tickets
- Mon 15th Oct 2018 to Thu 18th Oct 2018 BalojiBuy Tickets
- Tue 20th Nov 2018 to Sat 24th Nov 2018 Fatoumata DiawaraBuy Tickets
- Thu 22nd Nov 2018 to Thu 29th Nov 2018 Cosmo SheldrakeBuy Tickets
- Sun 2nd Dec 2018 Honey RyderFulford Village Hall (Stoke-on-Trent)Buy Tickets
- Sat 8th Dec 2018 Oasish, StereotonicsThe Victoria [The Vic] (Swindon)Buy Tickets
- Sun 9th Dec 2018 to Mon 31st Dec 2018 Sleeping Beauty, Kevin SimmBuy Tickets
- Sat 15th Dec 2018 StereotonicsKu Bar (Stockton)Buy Tickets