The Making of Harry Potter - book now for 2012/2013 studio tour
The sets, props and secrets from the smash-hit Harry Potter films are all on display at Warner Bros huge studios near Watford, tickets available now
The spectre of Voldemort rising amid the smoke and mirrors of the Olympics opening ceremony a week or two back will no doubt have ignited hopes of one Harry Potter emerging to smite his old enemy in the stadium. Alas, Harry was unable to make it and it was left to the muggles to take down the dark wizard.
But Harry Potter is, and will for years to come, be in the hearts and minds of children everywhere. A year after the last film was released and four years after the final chapter of the book series was published, Pottermania seems largely undiminished. And that's hardly surprising given the franchise's unprecedented success. The seven books have sold around half-a-billion copies and eight films have grossed nearly $8 billion worldwide, making creator JK Rowling wealthier than the Queen and creating megastars of Harry and Hermione. And maybe Ron.
If the brand has an enduring sense of permanence then it owes much to a careful marketing and merchandising strategy and doing things like keeping the sets from the films for future generations to enjoy. And that is exactly what Warner Bros have done. Not far from the unassuming destination of Watford Junction sits a treasure trove for Potter fans including the Great Hall, Dumbledore's office, Diagon Alley, Hagrid's Hut and many more iconic settings. Then there's the props including Harry's Nimbus 200 broomstick Hagrid's motorbike and a whole host of behind-the-scenes experiences.
The Making of Harry Potter tour is available to book now until 31st March 2013. The studio tour last three hours and our tickets include a bus pick-up from central London, at Fountain Square (Victoria). Tickets are available now priced £55 for adults and £50 for children, which includes the bus transfer. Departure times from Victoria are 8am, 11am or 2pm - be sure to arrive no less than 15 minutes prior to departure.
You may be interested in
- Tue 20th Feb 2018 to Wed 31st Oct 2018 Kew GardensBuy Tickets
- Tue 20th Feb 2018 to Wed 28th Feb 2018 Ice SkatingBuy Tickets
- Wed 21st Feb 2018 to Wed 28th Feb 2018 Harry Potter: A History Of MagicBuy Tickets
- Sat 17th Mar 2018 to Sun 11th Nov 2018 My First Day Out With ThomasBuy Tickets
- Fri 23rd Mar 2018 to Tue 30th Oct 2018 Madame TussaudsBuy Tickets
- Fri 30th Mar 2018 to Sun 28th Oct 2018 Day Out With Thomas, Thomas The Tank Engine & FriendsBuy Tickets
- Sun 22nd Apr 2018 Space Rocks, Tim Peake, Dallas Campbell, Charlotte HatherleyIndigo at the O2 (Greenwich)Buy Tickets
- Wed 23rd May 2018 Anna Netrebko, Royal Philharmonic Concert OrchestraRoyal Albert Hall (Kensington)Buy Tickets
- Fri 25th May 2018 to Sun 1st Jul 2018 Geronimo FestivalBuy Tickets
- Sat 23rd Jun 2018 Royal Philharmonic Concert OrchestraKenwood House (London)Buy Tickets
- Sun 24th Jun 2018 Last Night of the Kenwood Proms: Katherine Jenkins, Royal Philharmonic Concert OrchestraKenwood House (London)Buy Tickets
- Sat 7th Jul 2018 to Sat 11th Aug 2018 The Battle Proms Concert, New English Concert OrchestraBuy Tickets
- Tue 14th Aug 2018 to Sat 8th Sep 2018 Dinosaur World LiveBuy Tickets
- Sat 15th Sep 2018 Coventry Comic ConSports Connexion (Coventry)Buy Tickets
- Wed 28th Nov 2018 to Sun 9th Dec 2018 Star Wars - A New Hope - Film with Live OrchestraBuy Tickets
- Fri 30th Nov 2018 to Mon 17th Dec 2018 The War of The Worlds, Jason Donovan, Newton FaulknerBuy Tickets
- Sun 2nd Dec 2018 to Wed 12th Dec 2018 The War of The WorldsBuy Tickets