Toy set to play autumn 2012 tour
The indie five-piece will be touring their self-titled debut album in October, tickets on sale Friday 3rd August
After a busy summer of festival appearances, the much talked-about TOY will be releasing their debut album of dreamy psychedelic indie rock in September.
The self-titled record, which hits the servers on 10th September, follows a clutch of celebrated singles released since Tom Dougall, Dominic O'Dair, Maxim Barron, Charlie Salvidge and Spanish keyboard player Alejandra Diez got together in 2010. The debut single, last year's Left Myself Behind, set tongues wagging and, after a limited pressing sold out, was re-released earlier this year. The momentum was maintained with April's Motoring and, coupled with a pick as one of NME's 100 New Bands You Have to Hear in 2012, has helped build anticipation, fuelled by engaging live shows and favourable reviews, not least from their friends The Horrors.
The next single, Lose My Way, will accompany the album release next month and both will form the backbone of an autumn live set to promote the new material.
The October tour kicks off at the Plug in Sheffield on 19th, followed by dates including Birmingham, Norwich and Manchester. The London show will be at Heaven on 24th October 2012. We will have tickets available when they go on sale at 9am on Friday 3rd August, priced £10 for Heaven and just £8 for all other dates. Not bad for a band that the Guardian described as sounding like a "jam session between Stereolab, Felt and Pulp".
We also have tickest available now for the show at Edinburgh's Electric Circus on 14th August, also priced just £8.
- Wed 13th Feb 2019 TOYThe Belfast Empire Music Hall (Belfast)Buy Tickets
- Thu 14th Feb 2019 TOYThe Workman's Club (Dublin)Buy Tickets
- Fri 15th Feb 2019 TOYYES (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Sat 16th Feb 2019 TOYKing Tut's (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Sun 17th Feb 2019 TOYBrudenell Social (Leeds)More Info..
- Tue 19th Feb 2019 TOYPatterns (Brighton)Buy Tickets
- Wed 20th Feb 2019 TOYVillage Underground (Shoreditch)Buy Tickets