SOiL get down and dirty by Re-LIVE-ing The Scars on 2012 UK tour
From little things, big things grow, so the saying goes. But without the ground in which to plant the seeds, you've no chance - you need SOiL. Or indeed, SOiL, a band who in their 15 years in service could have easily self-imploded from the very beginning, had it not been down to a unanimous decision to eschew duties with sidevprojects and concentrate on taking the hard-rock outfit to the next level.
After a stuttering start and a trio of failed EPs and a debut album 'Throttle Junkies', SOiL ramped up their intent with something of a crossover album in 2001. 'Scars' remains something of a benchmark for the band and their, by now, growing legion of followers both live and on MTV who caned both singles 'Halo' and 'Unreal'. By 2004 and after the relative disappointment of the 'Redefine' album (still their biggest success though), original founder member and singer Ryan McCombs became less attached to both the band and his family and opted to choose the latter for company during the next seven years. Replacement AJ Cavalier stayed on board for two further albums including 2009's 'Picture Perfect', their last studio album to date.
Last year, McCombs returned to SOiL and the group were engaged on a considerable live programme through 2011 and early 2012, choosing to celebrate the 10th anniversary of 'Scars' by touring with Puddle of Mudd (how apt). For 2012's closing weeks, SOiL will be pushing their latest DVD/CD combo 'Re-LIVE-ing The Scars' (recorded during that last sold out UK tour) with a string of shows in the autumn with co-headliners Fozzy (new album due in the autumn) and also featuring heavyweight support from Breed 77 and Never Means Maybe.
First stop will be Stoke on 27th November, followed by the likes of Leeds, Manchester, Glasgow, a slot at Hard Rock Hell VI at the new Gwynedd location, then Plymouth, Camden and finally Brighton on 6th December. We will have tickets on sale from 9am on Wednesday 25th July, priced from around £17.
- Tue 24th Sep 2019 Static-X, SOiL, Wednesday 13, DopeSWX (Bristol)Buy Tickets
- Wed 25th Sep 2019 Static-X, SOiL, Wednesday 13, DopeTramshed (Cardiff)Buy Tickets
- Thu 26th Sep 2019 Static-X, SOiL, Wednesday 13, DopeElectric Ballroom (Camden)Buy Tickets
- Fri 27th Sep 2019 Static-X, SOiL, Wednesday 13Rock City (Nottingham)Buy Tickets
- Sat 28th Sep 2019 Static-X, SOiL, Wednesday 13Leeds University Union [Stylus/ Pulse/ Mine] (Leeds)Buy Tickets
- Sun 29th Sep 2019 Static-X, SOiL, Wednesday 13Engine Rooms (Southampton)Buy Tickets
- Tue 1st Oct 2019 Static-X, SOiL, Wednesday 13Northumbria University Students Union/ Institute (Newcastle-upon-Tyne)Buy Tickets
- Thu 3rd Oct 2019 Static-X, SOiL, Wednesday 13O2 Ritz (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Fri 4th Oct 2019 Static-X, SOiL, Wednesday 13O2 Institute (Birmingham)Buy Tickets