Roger Rees brings What You Will to London for six-week 2012 run
The Tony award-winning RSC veteran brings his hilarious one-man show to West End in September, tickets available now
After more than two decades as an RSC company member, Roger Rees knows just as much about playing Shakespeare as about the works themselves. Something immediately evident to audiences of his 90-minute "gallop through all things Shakespearean".
As you might expect from a 'one-man show', Rees takes on a number of famous (and infamous) characters form the Bard's canon, plus a handful of less obvious personas. There are, of course, appearances from Macbeth, Hamlet and Richard II, but you might be surprised to hear from Charles Dickens, or the clipped RP of Noël Coward or even Stevie Wonder.
A one-man Shakespeare show sounds ever so earnest, egotistical even, but What You Will would appear to be anything but. Instead, it is fast-paced, funny and refreshingly un-esoteric despite the player's obvious position at the heart of the theatrical establishment. The run follows Roger Rees' return to the West End stage in 2010, to star opposite Sir Ian McKellen in Waiting For Godot.
What You Will plays for a limited three-week run at the Shaftesbury Avenue Apollo from 18th September to 6th October 2012. We have tickets available now, priced from just £15 for balcony seats to £55 for the very best stalls.
The revival of Eugene O'Neill's Long Day's Journey Into Night, starring David Suchet, runs at the Apollo until 18th August.
You may be interested in
- Wed 23rd May 2018 Julius CaesarCygnet Theatre (Exeter)Buy Tickets
- Sun 27th May 2018 The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (Abridged)Whitley Bay Playhouse (Whitley Bay)Buy Tickets
- Sun 27th May 2018 to Sun 8th Jul 2018 ShakespearienceBuy Tickets
- Wed 30th May 2018 to Sat 1st Sep 2018 Sh*t-Faced Shakespeare: Romeo & JulietBuy Tickets
- Sat 9th Jun 2018 to Sun 2nd Sep 2018 A Midsummer Night's DreamBuy Tickets
- Wed 20th Jun 2018 to Sat 28th Jul 2018 The Tempest [Iris Theatre]Buy Tickets
- Mon 25th Jun 2018 to Sat 23rd Feb 2019 MacbethBuy Tickets
- Mon 25th Jun 2018 to Sun 2nd Sep 2018 Romeo and JulietBuy Tickets
- Fri 29th Jun 2018 to Sat 1st Sep 2018 Richard IIIBuy Tickets
- Wed 11th Jul 2018 to Sat 3rd Nov 2018 King Lear [Ian McKellen]Buy Tickets
- Wed 8th Aug 2018 and Thu 9th Aug 2018 The Merchant of VeniceBuy Tickets
- Wed 3rd Oct 2018 to Sat 6th Oct 2018 West Side StoryBuy Tickets