Tenacious D announce short October 2012 UK tour
Jack Black and Kyle Gass return with four UK shows as part of an autumn tour of Europe, tickets on sale Friday 20th July 2012
Let's rock. If you like to enjoy your music ever-so-slightly ironically and prefer your comedy to come with a six-string, then there's every chance you're already a fan of Jack Black's musically superior in-joke, Tenacious D.
Formed a (slightly staggering) 18 years ago, Tenacious D didn't really begin to blossom until Black's film career took in a few roles with musical leanings, including High Fidelity and, after the release of a self-titled debut album, 2003's musical comedy School of Rock. The first album made the Top 40 in both the UK and US markets, turning Platinum in the US.
Following the revelation that Jack Black was an accomplished vocalist and, less surprisingly, a theatrical frontman, the 2006 record, The Pick of Destiny, faired even better. It helped that it was paired with a hit film of more-or-less the same name, this time making the Top 10 either side of the pond. May 2012's Rize of the Fenix has proved to be the duo's biggest hit yet, peaking at No 2 on the UK chart and making the top five on the main US Billboard chart. Jack continues to be the new Black, proving ever-more popular with each record.
The short UK leg of the European tour kicks off at the Brighton Centre on 18th October, followed by Wolverhampton's Civic Hall and the Manchester Apollo, before the final date of the run at the Hammersmith Apollo on 24th October 2012. We will have tickets available from 9am on Friday 20th July 2012, all are expected to sell out.
You may be interested in
- Mon 19th Feb 2018 to Sun 13th Jan 2019 School Of Rock The MusicalBuy Tickets
- Mon 12th Mar 2018 to Thu 29th Mar 2018 Gary Numan: Savage Tour Part 2Buy Tickets
- Sat 16th Jun 2018 to Wed 20th Jun 2018 Hollywood Vampires, The Darkness, The DamnedBuy Tickets
- Tue 19th Jun 2018 Foo Fighters, Wolf Alice, The CribsEtihad Stadium [City of Manchester] (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Fri 22nd Jun 2018 Foo Fighters, Wolf Alice, Frank CarterThe London Stadium - Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park (Newham)Buy Tickets
- Sat 23rd Jun 2018 Foo Fighters, The Kills, SlavesThe London Stadium - Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park (Newham)Buy Tickets
- Sat 30th Jun 2018 Queens of the Stone Age, Iggy Pop, Run the Jewels, The HivesFinsbury Park (Islington)Buy Tickets
- Fri 13th Jul 2018 NOS Alive, Queens of the Stone Age, The NationalPasseio Marítimo de Algés (Lisbon)Buy Tickets