The Mousetrap can't be caught - now booking until December 2013
Agatha Christie's classic whodunit is simply unstoppable, now booking until late next year
As the touring production of The Mousetrap continues to wend its way across the land, bamboozling and beguiling in equal amounts, the longest run in theatrical history continues in the West End.
The Mousetrap opened on 6th October 1952, roughly commensurate with the reign of Queen Elizabeth II and loved just as much. The plot is a classic, definitive, whodunit with a familiar Cluedo set-up - a host of colourful and enigmatic characters holed up in a country house.
Already aware that a murderer is in, or en route to, Monkswell Manor, the ensemble is plunged into crisis when elderly guest Mrs Boyle is murdered. The assembled cast include the hotel's proprietors, a mysterious foreigner, a retired major (of course) and many more genre defining tropes. Then there's Detective Sergeant Trotter, a policemen evidently sent to protect the guests from the murderer, should he or she arrive...
The ending of The Mousetrap is a relatively well-guarded secret, with audiences asked at the end of each performance not to reveal the twist ending. The Mousetrap is West End royalty and, as it marks its Diamond Jubilee in 2012, is now booking until 21st December 2013. There is every possibility that, even after around 25,000 performances to date, The Mousetrap will run forever.
For now, and perhaps always, it runs at the St Martin's Theatre with tickets available priced from as little as £16. The national tour continues in parallel with some tickets available from around £13, rising to £30. It is part of history and remains one of the West End's most popular shows. Just don't give away the ending.
- Tue 21st May 2019 to Sat 25th May 2019 The MousetrapGrand Opera House (York)Buy Tickets
- Tue 21st May 2019 to Sat 28th Mar 2020 The MousetrapSt Martin's Theatre (Covent Garden)Buy Tickets
- Mon 27th May 2019 to Wed 29th May 2019 The MousetrapPlayhouse (Edinburgh)Buy Tickets
- Thu 30th May 2019 to Sat 1st Jun 2019 The MousetrapEmpire (Liverpool)Buy Tickets
- Mon 24th Jun 2019 to Wed 26th Jun 2019 The MousetrapHippodrome (Bristol)Buy Tickets
- Thu 27th Jun 2019 to Sat 29th Jun 2019 The MousetrapRegent Theatre/ Britannia Suite (Stoke-on-Trent)Buy Tickets
- Mon 1st Jul 2019 to Sat 6th Jul 2019 The MousetrapTheatre Royal (Brighton)Buy Tickets
- Mon 19th Aug 2019 to Sat 24th Aug 2019 The MousetrapMilton Keynes Theatre (Milton Keynes)Buy Tickets
- Mon 2nd Sep 2019 to Sat 7th Sep 2019 The MousetrapNew Victoria Theatre (Woking)Buy Tickets
- Mon 9th Sep 2019 to Sat 14th Sep 2019 The MousetrapPrincess Theatre (Torquay)Buy Tickets
- Mon 28th Oct 2019 to Sat 2nd Nov 2019 The MousetrapTheatre Royal (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Mon 11th Nov 2019 to Sat 16th Nov 2019 The MousetrapNew Alexandra Theatre (Birmingham)Buy Tickets