The Alarm follow-up The Gathering with spring 2013 UK tour
Mike Peters also set to perform his solo acoustic Red Poppy Tour this month, tickets for next year's shows on sale Friday 19th/Saturday 20th October
Fans of rousing punk-folk anthems will be salivating already about one Mike Peters on tour during the autumn - he'll be out on the road very soon, with guitar in hand and classic Alarm songs in tow. The first show is in Sale on 20th October, followed by an extensive stream of shows throughout November including stops in Glasgow, Exeter, York, London and lots more until the 25th, which will see Peters rock Newcastle. Tickets cost from under a tenner.
Next year, however, Peters will hook back up with his trusty band-mates for two major events. Later on in the spring, The Alarm will perform a UK tour which will start in Bournemouth on 28th February 2013 and continue to Liverpool, Sheffield, Newcastle and more until London on 15th March. Please note that the Leeds show has had its retail date changed and will now go on sale with the rest of the tour on Friday 19th October (Liverpool is on sale Saturday 20th). All shows will take place at O2 Academy venues.
The second event to tell you about is the annual Alarm event, The Gathering, held in Prestatyn. It's a weekender for that most partisan of music aficionados - fans of The Alarm. Well, just decent rock music in general (all welcome). The weekender takes place prior to the tour, from 25th - 27th January 2013 and costs £130 (event and 2 night stay in apartment included). Guests are still to be announced.
During the '80s, bands like The Alarm, Simple Minds, Runrig and Big Country conquered the charts and filled enormous venues with their huge, authentic Celtic-rock sounds. Of course, anything post- the emergence of punk was, in a sense, 'post-punk' and New Wave seemed to cover bands from ABC to REM. Music has always been a broad church, it is the art form's great appeal, but there is no getting away from the fact that The Alarm and co were onto something.
And Mike Peters is living proof of that something. After The Alarm split in 1991, he singlehandedly resurrected the group around a decade ago. Since the sad death of Big Country frontman Stuart Adamson (in 2001), Peters has also (since 2010) fronted that band too. He also tours as a solo artist with a canon of classic post-punk rock to call on like few others and is patron of the charity Love Hope Strength Foundation, co-founded by Peters when he had a brush with leukemia in 2005 - further details here, http://www.lovehopestrength.co.uk/
- Wed 28th Nov 2018 The AlarmStudent Central [ULU] (Bloomsbury)Buy Tickets
- Thu 29th Nov 2018 The AlarmWedgewood Rooms/ Edge of the Wedge (Southsea)Buy Tickets
- Fri 30th Nov 2018 The AlarmFibbers (York)Buy Tickets
- Sat 1st Dec 2018 The AlarmThe Arts Club (Liverpool)Buy Tickets
- Sun 2nd Dec 2018 The AlarmO2 Academy Birmingham (Birmingham)Buy Tickets
- Wed 5th Dec 2018 The AlarmSub89 (Reading)Buy Tickets
- Thu 6th Dec 2018 The AlarmBrudenell Social (Leeds)Buy Tickets
- Fri 7th Dec 2018 The AlarmThe Liquid Rooms (Edinburgh)Buy Tickets
- Sat 29th Jun 2019 The Alarm: A Midsummer GatheringCardiff University Students Union [Solus/ CF10/ Great Hall/ ... (Cardiff)Buy Tickets
You may also be interested in
- Sat 22nd Sep 2018 Big CountryThe Live Rooms (Chester)More Info..
- Thu 11th Oct 2018 Big CountryMK11 (Milton Keynes)Buy Tickets
- Fri 12th Oct 2018 Big CountryWarehouse 23 (Wakefield)Buy Tickets
- Sat 13th Oct 2018 Big CountryO2 Academy Newcastle (Newcastle-upon-Tyne)Buy Tickets
- Fri 26th Oct 2018 Big CountryTown Hall (Louth)Buy Tickets
- Fri 2nd Nov 2018 Big CountryGorilla (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Sat 3rd Nov 2018 Big CountryBrudenell Social (Leeds)Buy Tickets
- Fri 9th Nov 2018 Big CountryChinnerys (Southend)Buy Tickets
- Sat 10th Nov 2018 Big CountryRoadmender (Northampton)Buy Tickets
- Fri 16th Nov 2018 Big CountryUnder the Bridge (Fulham)Buy Tickets
- Sat 17th Nov 2018 Big CountryThe Old Market (Hove)Buy Tickets
- Wed 21st Nov 2018 Big CountryThe Flowerpot (Derby)Buy Tickets
- Thu 22nd Nov 2018 Big CountrySubscription Rooms (Stroud)Buy Tickets
- Fri 23rd Nov 2018 Big CountryThe Fleece (Bristol)Buy Tickets
- Sat 24th Nov 2018 Big CountryThe Cheese and Grain (Frome)Buy Tickets
- Sun 25th Nov 2018 Big CountryThe Globe (Cardiff)Buy Tickets
- Fri 30th Nov 2018 The Skids, Big CountryThe Limelight 1/2 (Belfast)Buy Tickets
- Sat 1st Dec 2018 The Skids, Big CountryDublin Academy [1/2/ Green Room] (Dublin)Buy Tickets
- Fri 21st Dec 2018 The Skids, Big CountryBarrowland Ballroom (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Sat 19th Jan 2019 The Skids, Big CountryThe Guild Hall & Charter Theatre (Preston)Buy Tickets
- Fri 1st Mar 2019 Big CountryHarpenden Public Halls (Hertfordshire)Buy Tickets
- Sat 2nd Mar 2019 Big Country: AcousticSt John's Church - Farncombe (Godalming)Buy Tickets
- Fri 19th Apr 2019 Big CountryThe Civic Hall - Cottingham (East Riding of Yorkshire)Buy Tickets