Everything Everything announce two festival warm-up shows for autumn 2012
Posted: 25th June 2012
Manchester's Man Alive creators return with new album and pre-Portmeirion dates in September, tickets on sale now
From the very tail-end of 2008 until the end of the following year, a new young band issued a string of busy, quirky, flamboyant singles entitled 'Suffragette Suffragette', 'Photoshop Handsome' and 'My Kz, Ur Bf', none of which did anything more commercially other than stamp their passport to future success. At a time when just about every other 'indie' band was trying to sound like every other indie band, Everything Everything managed to sound totally unique. There weren't, and still aren't, many outfits with range-testing falsetto vocals, whistling, slick synths, bizarre time-signatures and dead catchy choruses contained within odd-titled songs, something which didn't go unnoticed at Geffen Records - they signed the band after being nominated for the BBC Sound of 2010.
And that, as they say, was the pivotal point in their short lives. Further singles in the form of 'Schoolin'' and a re-released 'My Kz Ur Bf' ensured that at least a few radio stations were pumping out their pop-not-pop anthems on a regular basis in the build up to their debut album. When 'Man Alive' did show up at the end of the summer, it felt like an opportunity missed to install the collection as the summer soundtrack of the year. No matter because it became the soundtrack to the winter instead, prompting a nomination for the following year's Mercury Music Prize and a support slot on Snow Patrol's 'Fallen Empires' tour this year.
The question is: just how do you follow that? Album number two is due for release later this year or early 2013. There's no rush, although most of the album has now been assembled and is ready for airing in public - and that's where you all come in! Everything Everything's minimal activity during the festival season has extended to performing at Portmeirion's boutique bash, Festival No.6 in September. If you don't fancy whooping it up with the likes of New Order, Primal Scream, Spiritualized etc (are you mad?), then you can catch Jonathan and co headlining two warm-up gigs beforehand.
The shows are in Coventry on 13th September and York on the 14th, with tickets available via us right now, priced at £12.50 plus usual fees. As the schedule for the new and as-yet-untitled album unravels, more shows will be announced in due course. Meanwhile, grab these quick!
- Fri 19th Mar 2021 Everything Everything Rock City (Nottingham) Buy Tickets
- Sat 20th Mar 2021 Everything Everything O2 Academy Birmingham (Birmingham) Buy Tickets
- Mon 22nd Mar 2021 Everything Everything University of East Anglia [UEA]/ LCR (Norwich) Buy Tickets
- Tue 23rd Mar 2021 Everything Everything O2 Academy Liverpool (Liverpool) Buy Tickets
- Thu 25th Mar 2021 Everything Everything Manchester Academy (Manchester) Buy Tickets
- Fri 26th Mar 2021 Everything Everything SWG3/ Galvanizers (Glasgow) Buy Tickets
- Sat 27th Mar 2021 Everything Everything O2 Academy Newcastle (Newcastle-upon-Tyne) Buy Tickets
- Mon 29th Mar 2021 Everything Everything O2 Academy Leeds (Leeds) Buy Tickets
- Tue 30th Mar 2021 Everything Everything O2 Academy (Bristol) Buy Tickets
- Thu 1st Apr 2021 Everything Everything Roundhouse (Camden) Buy Tickets
- Sat 3rd Apr 2021 Everything Everything Brighton Dome/ Concert Hall (Brighton) Buy Tickets
- Mon 5th Apr 2021 Everything Everything Olympia Theatre (Dublin) Buy Tickets
- Sun 2nd May 2021 Foals, Everything Everything, Battles : Everything Not Saved will be Lost Olympia (Earls Court) Buy Tickets
- Mon 3rd May 2021 Foals, Everything Everything, Battles : Everything Not Saved will be Lost Olympia (Earls Court) Buy Tickets
- Fri 4th Jun 2021 Foals, Everything Everything Singleton Park (Swansea) Buy Tickets
- Wed 30th Jun 2021 Sounds of the City, Foals, Everything Everything Castlefield Bowl (Castlefield) Buy Tickets