Kids Week 2012 offers free tickets to West End Shows for all ages
With the ever-likely prospect of a wet austerity-packed summer coming your way, how do you keep your unruly children and teenagers from becoming bored (and soaked). If you're anywhere near London, the answer could be this: Kid's Week 2012. Founded in 1998, Kid's Week is actually an entire month of discounts and promotions aimed at theatre-goers who are not only young at heart, they're young in age.
The premise is simple - book an adult full price ticket to see one of the featured shows on one of the selected dates and take a child/teenager aged 16 or under for free. Taking more than one child? You can also book up to 2 extra children's tickets for up to half price per transaction. There are also workshops and tours available for a few shows - check availability when booking.
We've picked some favourites from the list - scroll down to see the full choice available. Limited availability (we advise that you have a few choices to hand to avoid disappointment - demand is high, with the Matilda Kids Week tickets already in short supply).
The Tiger Who Came To Tea
Based on the classic award-winning story by Judith Kerr, this delightful show is suitable for 5 yrs and under. The original picture book has sold over 4 million copies since first published in 1968 and as a stage play, features a tea-drinking tiger, songs and loads of magic. 1st to 31st August - full price tickets cost £9 - £16.
Dreamboats and Petticoats
All inspired by the classic '50s and '60s anthems selected for a compilation album of the same name, Dreamboats and Petticoats has an air of Grease about it with its High School theme, but more familiar songs from an era that will appeal to all ages from 5 yrs upwards. Plays at the Playhouse Theatre. Offer runs1st to 31st August - full price tickets cost £32 - £55.
Horrible Histories - Barmy Britain
This bonkers, yet informative, family show will appeal to all ages from 5 upwards, not least for the grisly historical bits about a Barmy Britain you never knew existed. Learn about the Romans on Masterchef, Henry and his headless wives and the Tyburn jig! Plays at the Garrick Theatre. Offer runs 1st to 31st August - full price tickets cost £10.50 - £15.
If you love a good time, romance, winning against the odds and ABBA, take your little Dancing Queen or budding Fernando to see this lively, song-filled show based in a Greek paradise. Plays at the Prince of Wales Theatre. Offer runs for limited shows from 1st to 30th August - full price tickets cost £20 - £64.
Shrek the Musical
Join the lovable green and unlikely hero and his chum Donkey as they attempt to rescue the pretty and stroppy princess Fiona from the evil fire-breathing dragon. But he's no ordinary dragon - he's in love with the princess. Can they save her from him and him from himself? Plays at the Drury Lane Theatre Royal from 1st to 30th August - full price tickets cost £25 - £65.
Singin' in the Rain
Travel back in time to the 1920's and the age of silent-movies giving way to 'talkies' for the first time. A talented actor finds romance, trouble and success in Hollywood, as well as that legendary dance routine that some of us have probably lived through in the past few months! Plays at the Palace Theatre from 1st to 30th August - full price tickets cost £15 - £60.
Possibly the noisiest, liveliest and most toe-tapping show you're likely to see and all with the help of everyday objects, rescued from the rubbish-tips and garbage cans. The performers bash and crash their way through the trash, from dustbins, kitchen utensils and water bottles, making this a must see music and dance spectacular. Plays at Ambassador's Theatre from 2nd to 31st August - full price tickets cost from £20 to £49.50.
Click the "Kids Week" button, below for more Kid's Week shows!
- Kids Week
You may be interested in
- Thu 24th May 2018 to Sun 27th May 2018 Shrek the MusicalOpera House (Blackpool)Buy Tickets
- Thu 24th May 2018 to Fri 1st Mar 2019 Mamma Mia!Novello Theatre (Westminster)Buy Tickets
- Tue 29th May 2018 to Sat 2nd Jun 2018 StompHippodrome (Birmingham)Buy Tickets
- Wed 30th May 2018 to Sun 10th Jun 2018 Shrek the MusicalNew Victoria Theatre (Woking)Buy Tickets
- Wed 6th Jun 2018 to Sat 9th Jun 2018 Singin' in the RainThe Lowry (Salford)Buy Tickets
- Tue 12th Jun 2018 to Sun 24th Jun 2018 Shrek the MusicalEmpire (Liverpool)Buy Tickets
- Tue 26th Jun 2018 to Sat 30th Jun 2018 Mamma Mia!Aylesbury Waterside Theatre (Aylesbury)Buy Tickets
- Thu 28th Jun 2018 to Sun 9th Sep 2018 The Tiger Who Came To TeaPiccadilly Theatre (Piccadilly)Buy Tickets
- Tue 3rd Jul 2018 to Sat 14th Jul 2018 Mamma Mia!Palace Theatre (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Wed 25th Jul 2018 to Sun 5th Aug 2018 Shrek the MusicalMilton Keynes Theatre (Milton Keynes)Buy Tickets
- Wed 8th Aug 2018 to Sun 19th Aug 2018 Shrek the MusicalHippodrome (Bristol)Buy Tickets
- Tue 25th Sep 2018 to Sat 6th Oct 2018 Shrek the MusicalThe King's Theatre (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Tue 23rd Oct 2018 to Sat 3rd Nov 2018 Shrek the MusicalBord Gáis Energy Theatre (formerly Grand Canal Theatre) (Dublin)Buy Tickets
- Tue 27th Nov 2018 to Sat 8th Dec 2018 Shrek the MusicalThe Mayflower (Southampton)Buy Tickets