Kids Week 2012 offers free tickets to West End Shows for all ages
With the ever-likely prospect of a wet austerity-packed summer coming your way, how do you keep your unruly children and teenagers from becoming bored (and soaked). If you're anywhere near London, the answer could be this: Kid's Week 2012. Founded in 1998, Kid's Week is actually an entire month of discounts and promotions aimed at theatre-goers who are not only young at heart, they're young in age.
The premise is simple - book an adult full price ticket to see one of the featured shows on one of the selected dates and take a child/teenager aged 16 or under for free. Taking more than one child? You can also book up to 2 extra children's tickets for up to half price per transaction. There are also workshops and tours available for a few shows - check availability when booking.
We've picked some favourites from the list - scroll down to see the full choice available. Limited availability (we advise that you have a few choices to hand to avoid disappointment - demand is high, with the Matilda Kids Week tickets already in short supply).
The Tiger Who Came To Tea
Based on the classic award-winning story by Judith Kerr, this delightful show is suitable for 5 yrs and under. The original picture book has sold over 4 million copies since first published in 1968 and as a stage play, features a tea-drinking tiger, songs and loads of magic. 1st to 31st August - full price tickets cost £9 - £16.
Dreamboats and Petticoats
All inspired by the classic '50s and '60s anthems selected for a compilation album of the same name, Dreamboats and Petticoats has an air of Grease about it with its High School theme, but more familiar songs from an era that will appeal to all ages from 5 yrs upwards. Plays at the Playhouse Theatre. Offer runs1st to 31st August - full price tickets cost £32 - £55.
Horrible Histories - Barmy Britain
This bonkers, yet informative, family show will appeal to all ages from 5 upwards, not least for the grisly historical bits about a Barmy Britain you never knew existed. Learn about the Romans on Masterchef, Henry and his headless wives and the Tyburn jig! Plays at the Garrick Theatre. Offer runs 1st to 31st August - full price tickets cost £10.50 - £15.
If you love a good time, romance, winning against the odds and ABBA, take your little Dancing Queen or budding Fernando to see this lively, song-filled show based in a Greek paradise. Plays at the Prince of Wales Theatre. Offer runs for limited shows from 1st to 30th August - full price tickets cost £20 - £64.
Shrek the Musical
Join the lovable green and unlikely hero and his chum Donkey as they attempt to rescue the pretty and stroppy princess Fiona from the evil fire-breathing dragon. But he's no ordinary dragon - he's in love with the princess. Can they save her from him and him from himself? Plays at the Drury Lane Theatre Royal from 1st to 30th August - full price tickets cost £25 - £65.
Singin' in the Rain
Travel back in time to the 1920's and the age of silent-movies giving way to 'talkies' for the first time. A talented actor finds romance, trouble and success in Hollywood, as well as that legendary dance routine that some of us have probably lived through in the past few months! Plays at the Palace Theatre from 1st to 30th August - full price tickets cost £15 - £60.
Possibly the noisiest, liveliest and most toe-tapping show you're likely to see and all with the help of everyday objects, rescued from the rubbish-tips and garbage cans. The performers bash and crash their way through the trash, from dustbins, kitchen utensils and water bottles, making this a must see music and dance spectacular. Plays at Ambassador's Theatre from 2nd to 31st August - full price tickets cost from £20 to £49.50.
Click the "Kids Week" button, below for more Kid's Week shows!
- Kids Week
You may be interested in
- Fri 24th May 2019 to Sat 7th Mar 2020 Mamma Mia!Novello Theatre (Westminster)Buy Tickets
- Fri 7th Jun 2019 to Sun 9th Jun 2019 The Tiger Who Came To TeaAylesbury Waterside Theatre (Aylesbury)Buy Tickets
- Fri 14th Jun 2019 to Sun 16th Jun 2019 The Tiger Who Came To TeaNew Wimbledon Theatre (Wimbledon)Buy Tickets
- Fri 5th Jul 2019 to Sun 7th Jul 2019 The Tiger Who Came To TeaGrand Opera House (York)Buy Tickets
- Fri 26th Jul 2019 to Sun 28th Jul 2019 The Tiger Who Came To TeaLeas Cliff Hall (Folkestone)Buy Tickets
- Tue 6th Aug 2019 to Thu 8th Aug 2019 The Tiger Who Came To TeaWhitley Bay Playhouse (Whitley Bay)Buy Tickets
- Wed 21st Aug 2019 to Sat 24th Aug 2019 Singin' in the RainNew Alexandra Theatre (Birmingham)Buy Tickets
- Thu 12th Sep 2019 to Sat 21st Sep 2019 Shrek the MusicalGrand Opera House (York)Buy Tickets
- Thu 19th Sep 2019 to Sat 28th Sep 2019 Mamma Mia!Playhouse (Edinburgh)Buy Tickets
- Mon 21st Oct 2019 to Wed 23rd Oct 2019 The Tiger Who Came To TeaNew Theatre (Oxford)Buy Tickets
- Tue 10th Dec 2019 to Sun 5th Jan 2020 Mamma Mia!Bord Gáis Energy Theatre (formerly Grand Canal Theatre) (Dublin)Buy Tickets
- Tue 12th May 2020 to Sat 30th May 2020 Mamma Mia!Hippodrome (Birmingham)Buy Tickets