Julian Clary has a Position Vacant - Apply Within for 2012 UK tour
Posted: 12th June 2012
The Lord of the Mince returns with love on his mind, tickets on sale now
Being an outspoken type of chap, Julian Clary has never been known to mince his words... er hang on, that came out all wrong... oops, so did that. And that's the problem when even mentioning this man's name and repertoire - he brings out the smutty side in all of us. Entendres? Make it a double. His previous shows include 'The Mincing Machine' and 'My Glittering Passage' and Channel 4, in all their ground-breaking and controversial glory for the time, allowed the comedian to name his TV gameshow, 'Sticky Moments with Julian Clary'.
And we probably shouldn't mention the time he appeared at the 1993 British Comedy Awards, proclaiming that he had "just been fisting Norman Lamont" (the then Chancellor). But we just have. More importantly, the doyens of civil liberties and all-things-decent The Daily Mail, leapt up and down and made a big noise and tried to restrict his movements (fnar fnar), probably on the same page as some latest sex scandal. Fuel to Julian Clary's fire.
Currently in his 52nd year, Clary shows no signs of slowing down and why should he - there are far too many people out there who weep in hysterics at his outrageous humour. To prove this, he has a 2012 tour planned. Entitled, 'Position Vacant - Apply Within' (you see? He just can't help himself...), this new show sees the lovelorn Julian looking for love.
To quote his press release, "Because I'm still considered to be quite a catch and because your town is noted for its heterosexuals on the cusp, there's bound to be stiff competition", says Julian. "Therefore I'll be hosting ruthless elimination games. You can be sure of one thing. By the end of the evening, we'll all be celebrating my new partnership."
The tour will include Barnstaple, Truro, Norwich, Crawley, Sheffield, Perth, Cardiff and many other far-flung romantic locations, concluding with two shows in Shepherd's Bush on 22nd and 23rd November. Prices range from £20 upwards.
- Fri 19th Mar 2021 Julian Clary The Pavilion Theatre (Worthing) Buy Tickets
- Sat 20th Mar 2021 Julian Clary : Born To Mince Devonshire Park Theatre (Eastbourne) Buy Tickets
- Sat 27th Mar 2021 Julian Clary : Born To Mince Dorking Halls (Dorking) Buy Tickets
- Sun 28th Mar 2021 Julian Clary The Marlowe Theatre (Canterbury) Buy Tickets
- Mon 29th Mar 2021 Julian Clary Aylesbury Waterside Theatre (Aylesbury) Buy Tickets
- Thu 1st Apr 2021 Julian Clary New Theatre Royal (Portsmouth) Buy Tickets
- Thu 8th Apr 2021 Julian Clary Theatre Severn/ Walker Theatre (Shrewsbury) Buy Tickets
- Fri 9th Apr 2021 Julian Clary Loughborough Town Hall (Loughborough) Buy Tickets
- Sat 10th Apr 2021 Julian Clary The Grand Theatre (Blackpool) Buy Tickets
- Sun 11th Apr 2021 Julian Clary Old Vic (Bristol) Buy Tickets
- Wed 14th Apr 2021 Julian Clary Victoria Theatre (Halifax) Buy Tickets
- Tue 20th Apr 2021 Julian Clary Music Hall (Aberdeen) Buy Tickets
- Wed 21st Apr 2021 Julian Clary Perth Concert Hall (Perth) Buy Tickets
- Fri 23rd Apr 2021 Julian Clary The Winding Wheel (Chesterfield) Buy Tickets
- Sat 24th Apr 2021 Julian Clary The Philharmonic Hall (Liverpool) Buy Tickets
- Mon 26th Apr 2021 Julian Clary Bloomsbury Theatre (Bloomsbury) Buy Tickets
- Tue 27th Apr 2021 Julian Clary Bloomsbury Theatre (Bloomsbury) Buy Tickets
- Wed 28th Apr 2021 Julian Clary Bloomsbury Theatre (Bloomsbury) Buy Tickets
- Thu 29th Apr 2021 Julian Clary Bloomsbury Theatre (Bloomsbury) Buy Tickets
- Fri 30th Apr 2021 Julian Clary Bloomsbury Theatre (Bloomsbury) Buy Tickets
- Sat 1st May 2021 Julian Clary Bloomsbury Theatre (Bloomsbury) Buy Tickets