Win a pair of tickets to the award-winning Wilderness 2012
During August this year, there are literally dozens of festivals springing up across the UK, hoping to capitalize on Glasto's omission from the 2012 festival calendar. Some have fallen at the first hurdle (no license, bad line-up, waterlogged etc), but many hit the spot and tick the box marked 'excellent', before, during and after they've taken place.
Last year, the Cornbury Festival moved to Great Tew, leaving a gaping hole in the village of Cornbury where a festival used to be. After years of eyeing up the local Park and Estate, the organizers of Wilderness Festival moved in last year and earned themselves a 'gong' for Best New Festival 2011. Can they win Best Festival this year? We'll be surprised if they don't, looking at this year's entertainment.
Billed as a 'banquet for all the senses' and running from 10th to 12th August, Wilderness is more than just a music festival - it's a lavish cultural carte du jour, rammed to the rafters with excellent music, food, debates, theatre and parties, as well as stuff for kids, all served up in an area of outstanding natural beauty. You can forage in the woods, go horse-riding, sample wine-tasting and eat yourself daft, without succumbing to yucky trays of slop. Or you can just watch and listen to great bands and performers with a glass and a contended grin.
Rodrigo y Gabriela, Wilco, Spiritualized, The Temper Trap, Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings, Giant Giant Sand, Field Music, Milagres, Jake Bugg, Grant Lee Buffalo, Stornoway, Lianne La Havas and loads more form part of the music roster, guaranteed to feed 10,000 festival goers' ears. Fancy spending a few days in the Oxfordshire countryside, feeding all five senses? Read on...
Tickets normally cost £129/£139, but we have a pair of 3-day weekend tickets up for grabs. To be in with a chance of winning two Wilderness Festival 2012 tickets, just click on the Enter Competition box below and follow the dead-simple instructions. The prize is a pair of tickets - you will need to make your own travel arrangements to Cornbury (there's a railway station nearby) and bring your own tent for camping purposes.
Deadline for entries is the end of the day on Friday 15th June 2012. Entrants from the UK only.
- Enter Competition
- Enter Competition
You may be interested in
- Mon 19th Feb 2018 and Tue 20th Feb 2018 Jake BuggThe Old Fruit Market (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Wed 21st Feb 2018 Jake BuggThe Sands Centre (Carlisle)Buy Tickets
- Sat 24th Feb 2018 Jake BuggColston Hall/ Lantern (Bristol)Buy Tickets
- Mon 26th Feb 2018 Jake BuggLondon Palladium (Westminster)Buy Tickets
- Fri 2nd Mar 2018 Jake BuggTheatre Royal Concert Hall (Nottingham)Buy Tickets
- Sun 4th Mar 2018 Jake BuggThe Grand Theatre (Leeds)Buy Tickets
- Mon 5th Mar 2018 Jake BuggAlbert Hall (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Wed 7th Mar 2018 Jake BuggWinter Gardens (Margate)Buy Tickets
- Thu 8th Mar 2018 Jake BuggWarwick Arts Centre (Coventry)Buy Tickets
- Thu 8th Mar 2018 Field MusicKomedia (Brighton)Buy Tickets
- Fri 9th Mar 2018 Jake BuggNew Theatre (Oxford)Buy Tickets
- Sat 10th Mar 2018 Field MusicEngine Rooms (Southampton)Buy Tickets
- Sun 11th Mar 2018 Jake BuggO2 Guildhall (Southampton)Buy Tickets
- Sun 11th Mar 2018 Field MusicPhoenix Arts Centre (Exeter)Buy Tickets
- Mon 12th Mar 2018 Jake BuggGreat Hall (Exeter University) (Exeter)Buy Tickets
- Tue 13th Mar 2018 Jake BuggBrighton Dome/ Concert Hall (Brighton)Buy Tickets
- Thu 15th Mar 2018 Field MusicO2 Institute (Birmingham)Buy Tickets
- Fri 16th Mar 2018 Field MusicGorilla (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Sat 17th Mar 2018 Field MusicSaint Luke's Glasgow (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Thu 22nd Mar 2018 Field MusicThe Arts Club (Liverpool)Buy Tickets
- Fri 23rd Mar 2018 Field MusicSheffield University Students Union/ Octagon/ Foundry (Sheffield)Buy Tickets
- Sat 24th Mar 2018 Field MusicWaterfront (Norwich)Buy Tickets
- Sun 22nd Apr 2018 Grant Lee Buffalo, Jarrod DickensonBrudenell Social (Leeds)Buy Tickets
- Fri 25th May 2018 Summer Nights at the Bandstand, Jake BuggKelvingrove Park (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Sat 26th May 2018 Neighbourhood Festival, The Courteeners, Jake Bugg, Kodaline...Victoria Park (Warrington)Buy Tickets
- Sun 27th May 2018 Bearded Theory Festival, Jimmy Cliff, Jake Bugg, Dub Pistols...Catton Hall Park (Derbyshire)Buy Tickets