Win a pair of tickets to the award-winning Wilderness 2012
During August this year, there are literally dozens of festivals springing up across the UK, hoping to capitalize on Glasto's omission from the 2012 festival calendar. Some have fallen at the first hurdle (no license, bad line-up, waterlogged etc), but many hit the spot and tick the box marked 'excellent', before, during and after they've taken place.
Last year, the Cornbury Festival moved to Great Tew, leaving a gaping hole in the village of Cornbury where a festival used to be. After years of eyeing up the local Park and Estate, the organizers of Wilderness Festival moved in last year and earned themselves a 'gong' for Best New Festival 2011. Can they win Best Festival this year? We'll be surprised if they don't, looking at this year's entertainment.
Billed as a 'banquet for all the senses' and running from 10th to 12th August, Wilderness is more than just a music festival - it's a lavish cultural carte du jour, rammed to the rafters with excellent music, food, debates, theatre and parties, as well as stuff for kids, all served up in an area of outstanding natural beauty. You can forage in the woods, go horse-riding, sample wine-tasting and eat yourself daft, without succumbing to yucky trays of slop. Or you can just watch and listen to great bands and performers with a glass and a contended grin.
Rodrigo y Gabriela, Wilco, Spiritualized, The Temper Trap, Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings, Giant Giant Sand, Field Music, Milagres, Jake Bugg, Grant Lee Buffalo, Stornoway, Lianne La Havas and loads more form part of the music roster, guaranteed to feed 10,000 festival goers' ears. Fancy spending a few days in the Oxfordshire countryside, feeding all five senses? Read on...
Tickets normally cost £129/£139, but we have a pair of 3-day weekend tickets up for grabs. To be in with a chance of winning two Wilderness Festival 2012 tickets, just click on the Enter Competition box below and follow the dead-simple instructions. The prize is a pair of tickets - you will need to make your own travel arrangements to Cornbury (there's a railway station nearby) and bring your own tent for camping purposes.
Deadline for entries is the end of the day on Friday 15th June 2012. Entrants from the UK only.
- Enter Competition
- Enter Competition
- Thu 2nd Aug 2018 Wilderness FestivalCornbury Park (Chipping Norton)More Info..
You may also be interested in
- Sat 7th Jul 2018 Mouth of the Tyne Festival, Paul Heaton, Field MusicTynemouth Priory and Castle (Tyne and Wear)Buy Tickets
- Sun 22nd Jul 2018 Tramlines Festival, Craig David, Blossoms, De La Soul, Jake ...Hillsborough Park (Sheffield)Buy Tickets
- Sat 11th Aug 2018 Sziget Festival, Mumford and Sons, Bastille, Lianne La Havas...Obudai Island - Budapest (Hungary)Buy Tickets
- Tue 18th Sep 2018 Lianne La HavasHackney Arts Centre (Stoke Newington)Buy Tickets
- Fri 21st Sep 2018 Maximo Park, Field Music, Du BlondeThe Sage (Gateshead)Buy Tickets
- Fri 21st Sep 2018 SpiritualizedEventim Apollo (Hammersmith)Buy Tickets
- Mon 19th Nov 2018 Jake BuggPyramid/ Parr Hall (Warrington)Buy Tickets
- Tue 20th Nov 2018 Jake BuggKing George's Hall (Blackburn)Buy Tickets
- Thu 22nd Nov 2018 Jake BuggThe Ironworks (Inverness)Buy Tickets
- Sun 25th Nov 2018 EH6 Festival: Jake BuggLeith Theatre (Leith)Buy Tickets
- Tue 27th Nov 2018 Jake BuggThe Sage (Gateshead)Buy Tickets