Sandi Thom returns with new album and autumn 2012 UK tour
The Brit-nominated one-time internet sensation is following the release of Flesh and Blood with an autumn jaunt (tickets now on sale) plus a free London album-launch gig on 20th September
It's been six years since the music industry was divided by the very modern fairy tale of Sandi Thom's rise to fame. For some, it was the culmination of a cynically orchestrated publicity campaign. For (many) others, it was a just reward for a singer and songwriter whose early promise had met with indifference when labels had tried to hawk her music to a wider audience.
The story, as you may well recall, is that, dismayed by her inability to generate sufficient interest in her songs, Sandi Thom began streaming gigs from her basement flat in Tooting. Online audiences soon rose from just a handful to more than 50,000. In 2006, that was more than enough to generate considerable column inches. Although it had made little impression upon its original release, Thom's single 'I Wish I Was a Punk Rocker (With Flowers in My Hair)' was soon propelled to No 1. The album it was taken from, 'Smile... It Confuses People', also topped the charts, turning triple-Platinum and selling a million copies in the process.
Sandi Thom's two subsequent albums made less of an impact but the outstanding success of her debut record is surely more than sufficient to silence any doubters. And if you're one of Ms Thom's many fans, then there's the good news that the singer is heading out on a UK tour later in the year to promote her latest LP, the Rich Robinson (Black Crowes) produced new studio album 'Flesh And Blood'.
The autumn tour kicks off at the Islington Academy on 1st November, followed by dates in Gateshead, Liverpool, Glasgow and more, before the final gig at The Met in Bury on 15th November 2012. We have tickets available now, priced £17.50 for London and from £12 for other venues. 'Flesh And Blood' is set for release on Monday 17th September and Sandi's also playing a one-off Gibson Guitar Studio gig in Camden on 20th September.
You may be interested in
- Fri 17th Aug 2018 and Sun 2nd Sep 2018 GabrielleBuy Tickets
- Sat 18th Aug 2018 Heather SmallYorkshire Wildlife Park (Doncaster)Buy Tickets
- Mon 27th Aug 2018 and Wed 29th Aug 2018 Justin Timberlake: Man Of The WoodsBuy Tickets
- Sun 2nd Sep 2018 Cool Britannia, Ocean Colour Scene, Embrace, Razorlight, Cas...Knebworth House and Gardens (Hertfordshire)Buy Tickets
- Sat 8th Sep 2018 OnBlackheath, Squeeze, The Divine Comedy, Billy Bragg, Corin...Blackheath Common (London)Buy Tickets
- Sun 9th Sep 2018 Pub in the Park, The Christians, Squeeze, Scouting for Girls...The Lambing Shed (Knutsford)Buy Tickets
- Wed 26th Sep 2018 Nordoff Robbins Get Loud, Lisa StansfieldMatt & Phreds (Northern Quarter)Buy Tickets
- Thu 27th Sep 2018 to Wed 19th Dec 2018 Rick Wakeman: Piano OdysseyBuy Tickets
- Tue 2nd Oct 2018 to Wed 21st Nov 2018 Nerina PallotBuy Tickets
- Thu 25th Oct 2018 to Tue 6th Nov 2018 Rick Astley, Gabrielle: A Beautiful Life TourBuy Tickets
- Tue 6th Nov 2018 Brian McFaddenBoisdale of Canary Wharf (Canary Wharf)Buy Tickets
- Fri 9th Nov 2018 to Fri 23rd Nov 2018 Culture Club, Belinda Carlisle, Thompson Twins - Tom Bailey: LifeBuy Tickets
- Tue 20th Nov 2018 Belinda Carlisle, Thompson TwinsBonus Sports Arena (Hull)Buy Tickets