Kelly Clarkson comes back Stronger with 2012 UK arena tour
American Idol award-winner to play huge October shows, tickets on sale Friday 18th May
Everything Simon Cowell even sneezes towards, turns to gold (or paper, eventually). After scoring success after success in the UK with X-Factor, Pop Idol and Britain's Got Talent winners and even losers, he turned his attentions to the States and became a judge on American Idol and, most recently, X Factor USA. On the former's first series winner, Kelly Clarkson, Cowell declared openly that she was the best singer 'by a mile'. Cue record company executives in a rush for biros to seal the young singer's signature on contracts.
After winning (walking) American Idol in 2002, Kelly Clarkson's dynamic voice has graced a handful of hit albums and an even bigger handful, nay armful, of smash singles. Starting as an out-and-out pop vocalist with the debut and Idol-winning 'A Moment Like This' and its parent album, 'Thankful', she later severed ties with her original management team and went all 'rocky' on us, with 'Breakaway' proving to be an apt title for album number two.
With one foot in commercial pop-rock and the other treading in that bastion of the good ole' USA, country music, Clarkson has cleverly increased her audience, despite seeing a US tour crash and refusing to sing her latest hit on a charity American Idol (Idol Gives Back - cringe). Instead she verbally gave her fawning minions the verbal bird, citing that 'self-promotion on a charity show is beyond crass' and sang a non-promotional Patty Griffin cover - good for her.
After a few trials and tribulations with earlier albums, Clarkson's newest, 'Stronger', is an altogether more robust collection, with the singer insisting on going at it her way. Most of the vocals have been sung in a take or two, drawing inspiration from urban-soul, country and rock. A new single, 'Dark Side' is due out soon, which may be enough to draw her UK fans back into her bosom.
In October, Kelly Clarkson will head back to the UK and Ireland for a huge arena tour, starting in Dublin on the 10th, followed by Manchester, Birmingham, Glasgow, Sheffield and finally Wembley Arena in London. With the exception of Dublin, tickets go on sale via us on Friday 18th May, priced from £32.50 (£35 for London). Tickets for Dublin (€44) go on sale a week later - Friday 25th May.
Beforehand, the singer will be part of the huge and sold-out Capital FM Summertime Ball at Wembley Stadium on 9th June. Not bad for someone who was, to quote a well-known '80s hit, working as a waitress in a cocktail bar.
You may be interested in
- Sun 16th Dec 2018 to Tue 18th Dec 2018 Lily AllenBuy Tickets
- Sun 16th Dec 2018 to Fri 11th Oct 2019 Nathan Carter: Born For The RoadBuy Tickets
- Mon 31st Dec 2018 Nathan Carter, Sharon ShannonINEC - Gleneagle Hotel Killarney (Kerry)Buy Tickets
- Tue 15th Jan 2019 to Mon 21st Jan 2019 Charles Esten, The AdelaidesBuy Tickets
- Tue 29th Jan 2019 and Wed 30th Jan 2019 Ashley MonroeBuy Tickets
- Fri 8th Mar 2019 to Sun 10th Mar 2019 C2C: Country to Country, Keith Urban, CAM, Chase RiceBuy Tickets
- Fri 8th Mar 2019 C2C: Country to Country, Chris Stapleton, Lyle Lovett, Ashle...SSE Hydro (Glasgow)Buy Tickets
- Fri 8th Mar 2019 to Sun 10th Mar 2019 C2C: Country to Country, Lady Antebellum, Hunter HayesBuy Tickets
- Sat 9th Mar 2019 and Sun 10th Mar 2019 C2C: Country to Country, Chris Stapleton, Lyle Lovett, Ashle...Buy Tickets
- Thu 28th Mar 2019 Teenage Cancer Trust, Take ThatRoyal Albert Hall (Kensington)Buy Tickets
- Sat 30th Mar 2019 Maxi Jazz, BOSCO: DJ SetThe Ironworks (Inverness)Buy Tickets
- Fri 12th Apr 2019 to Sat 8th Jun 2019 Take That, Rick AstleyBuy Tickets
- Thu 18th Apr 2019 to Mon 29th Apr 2019 Ben HaenowBuy Tickets
- Sun 21st Apr 2019 to Thu 25th Apr 2019 Rufus Wainwright: All These PosesBuy Tickets
- Mon 22nd Apr 2019 to Fri 26th Apr 2019 Joe BonamassaBuy Tickets
- Wed 1st May 2019 to Tue 28th May 2019 Olly Murs, Rak-SuBuy Tickets
- Mon 6th May 2019 to Fri 7th Jun 2019 Olly MursBuy Tickets
- Sat 18th May 2019 to Thu 30th May 2019 Mark KnopflerBuy Tickets
- Mon 20th May 2019 to Mon 10th Jun 2019 Michael BubléBuy Tickets
- Mon 27th May 2019 Neon Waltz, Olly MursBrighton Centre (Brighton)Buy Tickets
- Sun 23rd Jun 2019 The Eagles, Sheryl CrowWembley Stadium (Wembley)Buy Tickets
- Wed 26th Jun 2019 to Mon 8th Jul 2019 The EaglesBuy Tickets
- Fri 12th Jul 2019 Barclaycard British Summer Time in Hyde Park, Bob Dylan, Nei...Hyde Park (Knightsbridge)Buy Tickets
- Sat 13th Jul 2019 Barclaycard British Summer Time in Hyde Park, Florence and t...Hyde Park (Knightsbridge)Buy Tickets
- Sun 14th Jul 2019 Barclaycard British Summer Time in Hyde Park, Robbie William...Hyde Park (Knightsbridge)Buy Tickets
- Sat 20th Jul 2019 Feels like Summer: Bananarama, Bonnie TylerSophia Gardens (Cardiff)Buy Tickets