Kelly Clarkson comes back Stronger with 2012 UK arena tour
American Idol award-winner to play huge October shows, tickets on sale Friday 18th May
Everything Simon Cowell even sneezes towards, turns to gold (or paper, eventually). After scoring success after success in the UK with X-Factor, Pop Idol and Britain's Got Talent winners and even losers, he turned his attentions to the States and became a judge on American Idol and, most recently, X Factor USA. On the former's first series winner, Kelly Clarkson, Cowell declared openly that she was the best singer 'by a mile'. Cue record company executives in a rush for biros to seal the young singer's signature on contracts.
After winning (walking) American Idol in 2002, Kelly Clarkson's dynamic voice has graced a handful of hit albums and an even bigger handful, nay armful, of smash singles. Starting as an out-and-out pop vocalist with the debut and Idol-winning 'A Moment Like This' and its parent album, 'Thankful', she later severed ties with her original management team and went all 'rocky' on us, with 'Breakaway' proving to be an apt title for album number two.
With one foot in commercial pop-rock and the other treading in that bastion of the good ole' USA, country music, Clarkson has cleverly increased her audience, despite seeing a US tour crash and refusing to sing her latest hit on a charity American Idol (Idol Gives Back - cringe). Instead she verbally gave her fawning minions the verbal bird, citing that 'self-promotion on a charity show is beyond crass' and sang a non-promotional Patty Griffin cover - good for her.
After a few trials and tribulations with earlier albums, Clarkson's newest, 'Stronger', is an altogether more robust collection, with the singer insisting on going at it her way. Most of the vocals have been sung in a take or two, drawing inspiration from urban-soul, country and rock. A new single, 'Dark Side' is due out soon, which may be enough to draw her UK fans back into her bosom.
In October, Kelly Clarkson will head back to the UK and Ireland for a huge arena tour, starting in Dublin on the 10th, followed by Manchester, Birmingham, Glasgow, Sheffield and finally Wembley Arena in London. With the exception of Dublin, tickets go on sale via us on Friday 18th May, priced from £32.50 (£35 for London). Tickets for Dublin (€44) go on sale a week later - Friday 25th May.
Beforehand, the singer will be part of the huge and sold-out Capital FM Summertime Ball at Wembley Stadium on 9th June. Not bad for someone who was, to quote a well-known '80s hit, working as a waitress in a cocktail bar.
You may be interested in
- Wed 19th Sep 2018 to Wed 3rd Oct 2018 Shania TwainBuy Tickets
- Wed 19th Sep 2018 to Sun 17th Mar 2019 Nathan CarterBuy Tickets
- Thu 20th Sep 2018 and Fri 21st Sep 2018 Lisa McHughBuy Tickets
- Sat 29th Sep 2018 Michael BubléThe O2 Arena (Greenwich)Buy Tickets
- Thu 11th Oct 2018 to Fri 26th Apr 2019 Joe BonamassaBuy Tickets
- Fri 12th Oct 2018 to Sun 21st Oct 2018 DaughtryBuy Tickets
- Fri 19th Oct 2018 Robbie Williams Tribute NightCotteridge Social Club (Birmingham)Buy Tickets
- Sat 27th Oct 2018 and Sun 28th Oct 2018 Stepback - the 80s Concert, Tony Hadley, ABC, Bonnie Tyler, ...Buy Tickets
- Sat 27th Oct 2018 Russell DickersonBorderline (Westminster)Buy Tickets
- Sat 27th Oct 2018 BluesFest: Counting Crows, Alison Krauss, The White Buffalo3arena (Dublin)Buy Tickets
- Sun 28th Oct 2018 BluesFest, Counting Crows, Alison Krauss, The White BuffaloThe O2 Arena (Greenwich)Buy Tickets
- Tue 30th Oct 2018 Alison KraussPlayhouse (Edinburgh)Buy Tickets
- Sat 17th Nov 2018 Thomas Rhett, Devin DawsonEventim Apollo (Hammersmith)Buy Tickets
- Tue 11th Dec 2018 to Tue 18th Dec 2018 Lily AllenBuy Tickets
- Sat 22nd Dec 2018 '80s Christmas Concert: Stepback - the 80s Concert, Tony Hadley, Bonnie Tyler, ABC, ...Ricoh Arena / Ericsson Arena (Coventry)Buy Tickets
- Mon 31st Dec 2018 Nathan Carter, Sharon ShannonINEC - Gleneagle Hotel Killarney (Kerry)Buy Tickets
- Tue 15th Jan 2019 to Mon 21st Jan 2019 Charles Esten, The AdelaidesBuy Tickets
- Sun 21st Apr 2019 to Thu 25th Apr 2019 Rufus Wainwright: All These PosesBuy Tickets