BBC Good Food Show and BBC Gardener's World Live head up Birmingham NEC's summer 2012 lifestyle exhibitions
Join James Martin, The Hairy Bikers, Monty Don, Alan Titchmarsh and more for food and gardening demos and tips, tickets on sale now
Us Brits, we love our grub and we love to potter about in sheds, that's when we're not having it large at gigs, clubs and pubs, that is. Television schedules haven't been the same since lifestyle programmes became perfect excuses to save money making 'proper' programmes like, er, X Factor, The Only Way is Essex and My One-Legged Dog's Turned Religious (I might have made one of those up). The thing is, most lifestyle programmes ARE proper productions in every way.
Take the two examples that have inspired two huge exhibitions due to take place this summer at the NEC in Birmingham. Saturday Kitchen is watched by millions and has featured some of the world's top Michelin-starred chefs during its ten-year tenure (five of them on BBC1). Gardener's World is a national treasure with over 30 years of broadcasting history behind it and still going strong. Add in the presenters and experts associated with the programmes and you have an engaging and winning formula.
Fans of both shows will therefore be delighted to learn that the BBC has extended the life-spans of both shows, as well as creating two exhibitions which encompass the spirit of the programmes. Both events listed below take place from 13th to 17th June and cost £17.75 for adults or £15.95 for kids and over-'65s (under 5s get in for FREE).
BBC Good Food Show
In association with the Good Food magazine, James Martin and The Hairy Bikers head-up a long list of celebrity chefs and food producers eager to demonstrate their skills and their wares during the five days. Recipes, ingredients, inspiration and plenty of tasting should keep you happy from 9am til 6pm. You can also visit many food stalls to purchase from micro-traders and producers from around the UK. More chefs and attractions will be announced soon.
BBC Gardeners' World Live
Taking place at the same time and within the same complex as the BBC Good Food Show is this perennial horticultural favourite. Whatever your bent and abilities, Monty Don and Alan Titchmarsh have boundless enthusiasm for their craft and you can see both gardening experts, plus others associated with the Gardener's World brand, offering advice and tips that should ensure that your conifers and cucumbers don't resemble something out of Alien or Day of the Triffids. There will also be plenty of floral and plant displays to admire and products to buy. More names to be announced soon.
Can't get to Birmingham for these two shows? Check below for more gardening, food and drink festivals throughout the UK in 2012.
You may be interested in
- Tue 14th Aug 2018 to Wed 31st Oct 2018 Kew GardensBuy Tickets
- Fri 24th Aug 2018 to Sun 26th Aug 2018 The Big FeastivalBuy Tickets
- Sat 25th Aug 2018 Foodies Festival, The HoosiersSouth Park (Oxford)Buy Tickets
- Sat 25th Aug 2018 to Sun 23rd Sep 2018 The Great British Food FestivalBuy Tickets
- Sun 26th Aug 2018 Foodies Festival, Toploader, DodgySouth Park (Oxford)Buy Tickets
- Mon 27th Aug 2018 Foodies FestivalSouth Park (Oxford)Buy Tickets
- Fri 31st Aug 2018 to Sun 2nd Sep 2018 MeatopiaBuy Tickets
- Sat 1st Sep 2018 to Sat 22nd Dec 2018 Beer FestivalBuy Tickets
- Fri 7th Sep 2018 to Sun 9th Sep 2018 Pub in the Park, Tom Odell, Sophie Ellis-Bextor, Nick CorbinBuy Tickets
- Sat 8th Sep 2018 Pub in the Park, Toploader, Gabrielle Aplin, Razorlight, Mel...The Lambing Shed (Knutsford)Buy Tickets
- Sat 8th Sep 2018 OnBlackheath, Squeeze, The Divine Comedy, Billy Bragg, Corin...Blackheath Common (London)Buy Tickets
- Sat 8th Sep 2018 and Sun 9th Sep 2018 The Big GrillBuy Tickets
- Sun 9th Sep 2018 Pub in the Park, The Christians, Squeeze, Scouting for Girls...The Lambing Shed (Knutsford)Buy Tickets
- Sun 9th Sep 2018 OnBlackheath, Paloma Faith, De La Soul, Corinne Bailey Rae, ...Blackheath Common (London)Buy Tickets
- Thu 27th Sep 2018 to Sun 21st Oct 2018 Erdinger Oktoberfest LondonBuy Tickets
- Wed 3rd Oct 2018 to Sun 28th Oct 2018 James MartinBuy Tickets
- Fri 5th Oct 2018 to Sun 7th Oct 2018 The Cake and Bake ShowBuy Tickets
- Wed 17th Oct 2018 to Sun 28th Oct 2018 London Restaurant Festival: Ultimate Gastronomic WeekendBuy Tickets
- Fri 19th Oct 2018 and Sat 20th Oct 2018 BBC Good Food ShowBuy Tickets
- Sun 11th Nov 2018 and Tue 13th Nov 2018 Nigella LawsonBuy Tickets
- Thu 15th Nov 2018 to Sun 18th Nov 2018 Taste of LondonBuy Tickets
- Fri 23rd Nov 2018 Jay RaynerThe Milton Rooms (Malton)Buy Tickets