BBC Good Food Show and BBC Gardener's World Live head up Birmingham NEC's summer 2012 lifestyle exhibitions
Join James Martin, The Hairy Bikers, Monty Don, Alan Titchmarsh and more for food and gardening demos and tips, tickets on sale now
Us Brits, we love our grub and we love to potter about in sheds, that's when we're not having it large at gigs, clubs and pubs, that is. Television schedules haven't been the same since lifestyle programmes became perfect excuses to save money making 'proper' programmes like, er, X Factor, The Only Way is Essex and My One-Legged Dog's Turned Religious (I might have made one of those up). The thing is, most lifestyle programmes ARE proper productions in every way.
Take the two examples that have inspired two huge exhibitions due to take place this summer at the NEC in Birmingham. Saturday Kitchen is watched by millions and has featured some of the world's top Michelin-starred chefs during its ten-year tenure (five of them on BBC1). Gardener's World is a national treasure with over 30 years of broadcasting history behind it and still going strong. Add in the presenters and experts associated with the programmes and you have an engaging and winning formula.
Fans of both shows will therefore be delighted to learn that the BBC has extended the life-spans of both shows, as well as creating two exhibitions which encompass the spirit of the programmes. Both events listed below take place from 13th to 17th June and cost £17.75 for adults or £15.95 for kids and over-'65s (under 5s get in for FREE).
BBC Good Food Show
In association with the Good Food magazine, James Martin and The Hairy Bikers head-up a long list of celebrity chefs and food producers eager to demonstrate their skills and their wares during the five days. Recipes, ingredients, inspiration and plenty of tasting should keep you happy from 9am til 6pm. You can also visit many food stalls to purchase from micro-traders and producers from around the UK. More chefs and attractions will be announced soon.
BBC Gardeners' World Live
Taking place at the same time and within the same complex as the BBC Good Food Show is this perennial horticultural favourite. Whatever your bent and abilities, Monty Don and Alan Titchmarsh have boundless enthusiasm for their craft and you can see both gardening experts, plus others associated with the Gardener's World brand, offering advice and tips that should ensure that your conifers and cucumbers don't resemble something out of Alien or Day of the Triffids. There will also be plenty of floral and plant displays to admire and products to buy. More names to be announced soon.
Can't get to Birmingham for these two shows? Check below for more gardening, food and drink festivals throughout the UK in 2012.
You may be interested in
- Mon 19th Nov 2018 to Thu 31st Oct 2019 Kew GardensBuy Tickets
- Fri 23rd Nov 2018 Jay RaynerThe Milton Rooms (Malton)Buy Tickets
- Fri 30th Nov 2018 and Sat 1st Dec 2018 Vessel Beer FestivalBuy Tickets
- Fri 21st Dec 2018 and Sat 22nd Dec 2018 Beer FestivalBuy Tickets
- Fri 15th Feb 2019 to Mon 8th Apr 2019 The Hairy BikersBuy Tickets
- Thu 16th May 2019 to Sun 19th May 2019 This Morning LiveBuy Tickets
- Tue 21st May 2019 to Sat 25th May 2019 RHS Chelsea Flower ShowBuy Tickets
- Wed 5th Jun 2019 to Sun 9th Jun 2019 RHS Chatsworth Flower ShowBuy Tickets
- Wed 17th Jul 2019 to Sun 21st Jul 2019 RHS Flower Show - Tatton ParkBuy Tickets
- Thu 1st Aug 2019 to Sun 18th Aug 2019 BBC Countryfile LiveBuy Tickets
- Fri 23rd Aug 2019 to Sun 25th Aug 2019 The Big FeastivalBuy Tickets
- Fri 4th Oct 2019 to Sun 6th Oct 2019 The Cake and Bake ShowBuy Tickets