Folk hero Ralph McTell announces huge autumn 2012 tour
The folk legend is set to take you by the hand and lead you through a massive tour which kicks off in October, tickets on sale now
Ralph McTell's name has become a by-word for esoteric folkiness. Anyone who knows English folk knows who McTell is and everyone else - everyone - knows his most famous song.
Born in Kent towards the end of World War II, McTell found his voice throughout an at times difficult childhood and something of a peripatetic existence as a young man, spending time busking on the streets of Paris before meeting his Norwegian wife there and settling in Cornwall. The song for which McTell is most famous is his 1974 smash-hit single, Streets of London. Covered hundreds of times and sung in school halls and choirs everywhere, Streets of London is, fittingly enough, a staple of buskers all over the world.
Inspired by his own observations of life on the street, the song has become something of a busking anthem. But it's not just the street corners and subways of the world which appreciate Streets of London; it won McTell an Ivor Novello award and was an enormous success. It is fair to say that McTell's appeal extends far beyond that one song, with the folk hero releasing around 40 albums since the late sixties.
Ralph McTell's autumn tour begins in Runcorn on 4th October, followed by dates in Morecambe, Ulverston, Berwick, Sheffield, Derby, Didcot, Cambridge and plenty more, before the final gig at London's magnificent Cadogan Hall on Saturday 8th December 2012.
We have tickets available now, priced from £17.50 to £25, for London. Most are £19 or £20.
- Sat 6th Oct 2018 Ralph McTellFirth Hall (Sheffield)Buy Tickets
- Sat 13th Oct 2018 Ralph McTellRoyal Hippodrome Theatre (Eastbourne)Buy Tickets
You may also be interested in
- Sat 2nd Jun 2018 Brooks WilliamsThe Old Courts (Wigan)Buy Tickets
- Sun 3rd Jun 2018 to Tue 5th Jun 2018 Newton FaulknerBuy Tickets
- Mon 4th Jun 2018 Ali George, Tom Allen, Bath Fringe FestivalOld Theatre Royal (Bath)Buy Tickets
- Tue 5th Jun 2018 to Fri 18th Jan 2019 Martin CarthyBuy Tickets
- Fri 8th Jun 2018 and Sat 18th Aug 2018 Gordon GiltrapBuy Tickets
- Sun 10th Jun 2018 and Fri 15th Jun 2018 Woody MannBuy Tickets
- Sat 23rd Jun 2018 to Fri 28th Jun 2019 Martin SimpsonBuy Tickets
- Sat 23rd Jun 2018 Peter DohertyO2 Academy Newcastle (Newcastle-upon-Tyne)Buy Tickets
- Mon 9th Jul 2018 to Tue 17th Jul 2018 James Taylor, Bonnie RaittBuy Tickets
- Sun 15th Jul 2018 Barclaycard British Summer Time in Hyde Park, Paul Simon, Ja...Hyde Park (Knightsbridge)Buy Tickets
- Thu 19th Jul 2018 and Fri 20th Jul 2018 Beth OrtonBuy Tickets
- Sat 21st Jul 2018 Kaleidoscope Festival, The Flaming Lips, Ghostpoet, Mystery ...Alexandra Palace (London)Buy Tickets
- Sun 2nd Sep 2018 Moseley Folk Festival, Teenage Fanclub, Steve Harley, King C...Moseley Park (Moseley)Buy Tickets
- Wed 12th Sep 2018 and Sat 15th Sep 2018 Steve TilstonBuy Tickets
- Fri 14th Sep 2018 to Sat 22nd Dec 2018 LindisfarneBuy Tickets
- Mon 17th Sep 2018 to Fri 21st Sep 2018 Andy McKeeBuy Tickets
- Thu 27th Sep 2018 Jim GhediSt Pancras Old Church (Camden)Buy Tickets
- Fri 12th Oct 2018 Martin Carthy, John KirkpatrickCutty Sark (Greenwich)Buy Tickets
- Thu 1st Nov 2018 to Sun 4th Nov 2018 Martin SextonBuy Tickets
- Fri 30th Nov 2018 to Mon 17th Dec 2018 The War of The Worlds, Jason Donovan, Newton FaulknerBuy Tickets
- Sat 1st Dec 2018 Martin Taylor, Martin SimpsonThe Marine Theatre - Lyme Regis (Dorset)Buy Tickets
- Wed 12th Jun 2019 and Thu 13th Jun 2019 Elton John: Farewell TourBuy Tickets