Destination Star Trek 2012 exhibition to make it so at London's ExCeL
William Shatner, Patrick Stewart and Kate Mulgrew are amongst the special guests, tickets on sale now
If you're a Trekkie, there really is no point in starting with a long drawn-out intro about just how great Star Trek has been. The American franchise and brand is globally-recognized, not only for its long-running TV broadcasts, but also for the box-office bothering film series and numerous spin-offs such as countless books, comics, games and other wallet-busting ephemera.
On an annual basis, you can extend your hankering for all things Trekkie by joining various forums, fan-clubs and attending conventions. October will see one of THE must-see exhibitions and conventions ever held - and it'll be right here in the UK. Destination Star Trek 2012 promises to be THE ultimate out-of-this-galaxy weekend for both loyal long-time followers and new Enterprise recruits alike. A lot of fans have been charmed since 1966 by the Captain's Log, Spock, Deep Space Nine, Archer, 'make it so' and the irrepressible Uhura who could tune into more communication channels faster than Virgin Media could ever dream of. This translates as a weekend that could potentially be a sell-out.
Taking place from 19th to 21st October 2012, Destination Star Trek will feature special guests (more of them later), autograph sessions, photo shoots, original sets, props, memorabilia, interactive displays, themed parties and much more. There will also be talks and stunt displays - oh, did we mention special guests? Five Captains from the various Star Trek series will be teleported down to East London's ExCeL and will appear at the show on Saturday and Sunday. Captains Kirk (William Shatner), Picard (Patrick Stewart), Sisco (Avery Brooks), Janeway (Kate Mulgrew) and Archer (Scott Bakula) will attend the event at various points, including an on-stage opening ceremony and 'Captain's Talk'.
Unsurprisingly, there is a considerable choice of tickets available, starting with standard 1-Day passes for £29, 2-Day Standards (inc Sat and Sun) for £39, 3-Day Standards for £49, Silver, Gold and Platinum passes for varying amounts of access from £225 upwards and the ultimate VIP pass which entitles you to a 3-Day pass and as many limited-edition Star Trek items as you can carry, plus a chance to be photographed with the Captains in all their glory. You'll need £2,999 for that ticket!
We have all tickets available to purchase now, so boldly go and click on the links below!
You may be interested in
- Tue 21st Aug 2018 to Mon 3rd Sep 2018 Kevin HartBuy Tickets
- Fri 24th Aug 2018 to Thu 15th Nov 2018 Screening: White ChristmasBuy Tickets
- Wed 5th Sep 2018 to Fri 19th Oct 2018 An Evening with: Brian BlessedBuy Tickets
- Sat 15th Sep 2018 Coventry Comic ConSports Connexion (Coventry)Buy Tickets
- Thu 20th Sep 2018 to Tue 4th Jun 2019 Sally MorganBuy Tickets
- Thu 27th Sep 2018 to Sat 6th Oct 2018 Chris TuckerBuy Tickets
- Sat 29th Sep 2018 Howard GoodallAll Saints Church (Eastbourne)Buy Tickets
- Sun 7th Oct 2018 David StarkeyRoyal Hippodrome Theatre (Eastbourne)Buy Tickets
- Sun 7th Oct 2018 SFW in the CityO2 Academy Sheffield (Sheffield)Buy Tickets
- Sun 7th Oct 2018 Graham NortonRoyal Northern College of Music (RNCM) (Manchester)Buy Tickets
- Wed 10th Oct 2018 to Sun 14th Oct 2018 Grand Designs LiveBuy Tickets
- Sat 13th Oct 2018 and Sun 14th Oct 2018 Whoopi Goldberg, Gina YashereBuy Tickets
- Tue 6th Nov 2018 to Sat 10th Nov 2018 Little Shop of HorrorsBuy Tickets
- Wed 28th Nov 2018 to Sun 9th Dec 2018 Star Wars - A New Hope - Film with Live OrchestraBuy Tickets
- Fri 30th Nov 2018 to Mon 17th Dec 2018 The War of The Worlds, Jason Donovan, Newton FaulknerBuy Tickets
- Sat 1st Dec 2018 Professor Brian Cox, Robin InceEventim Apollo (Hammersmith)Buy Tickets
- Sun 2nd Dec 2018 to Wed 12th Dec 2018 The War of The WorldsBuy Tickets
- Tue 22nd Jan 2019 National Television AwardsThe O2 Arena (Greenwich)Buy Tickets
- Thu 7th Feb 2019 to Fri 1st Mar 2019 Professor Brian CoxBuy Tickets